Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Santas -- to go

Treat holders for the holiday featuring our favorite holiday guy, Santa.  Here are two Santas using dies I have and used for Santa:


This is the Santa I made using the Stampin Up Petal Cone die and an embossing folder for his beard -- for this Santa you cut two pieces of the Petal Cone die and put them together using red sticky tape. Since you are using the die pieces upside down Santa is free standing even with treats inside.

This next Santa is made using the Sizzix Bag with Scallop Die and I had used this die for other projects:



This is a nice die in that it is also free standing and having the top flap having the scalloped edge dresses up the bag. Here is the Santa I made and I will list supplies I used as I could not find the pattern "recipe" to make him:


Will say here since I was figuring it out as I went I used scraps and thinner card stock from Mikes. Here is the tools list:

Sizzix Bag with Scallop die
Red card stock for bag, hat, and mouth
Pink card stock for face and nose
White/GP card stock for hair, beard, brim of hat, and pom pom
Scallop border punch for hair above eyes
2 3/8"  scallop circle punch for his beard
3/8" circle punch for nose and mouth
Face is from 3/4" x 1 1/2" oval
Blossom Builder punch (SU) for his mustache
Wiggle Eyes
Holly punch from Martha Stewart
1/2" square punch for gold buckle
1" square punch for gold buckle
7/8" scallop punch for pom pom on hat

Cut out the die -- put that together into the bag. Cut all my other pieces and put them together -- just follow the photo. Will say that I will use blush card stock for his face and nose but had none of that in my scraps box. Also am thinking a 2 1/2" scallop circle punch will work better for his beard also. Good I made up a sample before I made one from the better card stocks so I can easily make changes before I made up the real thing --- TFL and YOLO

No comments: