Monday, July 29, 2013

Boo Tags #2


Some people get cards for Boo Day (Halloween) but for my stamp club and others I will make up treat bags instead. Here is one of the tags I made to put at the top of the treat bag. Will be using either plain paper bags that I can stamp or emboss or maybe buy coloured paper bags from the dollar store -- the plain bags I can use a dollar Halloween stamp and stamp all over or as I have done in the past just emboss a paper bag using an embossing folder:


As you can see in the above photo I put the flat brown bag in an embossing folder and ran this through the Cuttlebug---once it is embossed you will have the front, sides, and back of your bag embossed. For Boo Day I can use my pumpkins or spider web embossing folder or any other holiday folder I would like.

To cut out my tag I used the black card stock from SU and also a gray from SU. The larger black tag was cut out using the Sizzix Super Scalloped Tag die in the Sizzix machine and then used the Scalloped Combo #2 Tags die for the gray tag. Sponged the edges of the gray tag and then put the tags together using the ATG. Using two circle punches I made the orange ring to go around the hole on the gray tag and punched the hole through the gray tag and the black tag. Put the orange ring on the tag using a glue pen.

For the jar of bats I used the SU Perfectly Preserved stamp/die set. I stamped the jar onto white/GP using gray ink from SU and lightly sponged the edges of the jar. Then used the jar lid and cut out my black print top. Put the top on the jar and used thin raffia from Karen Foster to tie around it. Made a bow and used part of a glue dot to put the bow on the jar lid. Because I wanted my jar of bats to be at a slant on my tag I knew the jar lid would be seen from the back of the tag so I cut two lid pieces and put the second lid piece on the back of it--here is a photo of the back of the tag and you can see it looks more finished with the back lid on the jar piece:


This back piece covers up the raffia on the jar lid. For the bats I used flocked black card stock from Hobby Lobby and my Cuttlebug Halloween plate/die to cut them out -- here is a photo of that:


For the green eyes for the bats I punched out a small green circle and put that on the bats with a glue dot just like I did for the spiders:



Using scrap paper and Aleene's clear glue I added a piece of card stock to a clothespin and then put an extra bat on that. This clothespin will attach your tag to the treat bag. (You can put the clothespin on the tag using a glue dot or don't permanently attach it to the tag and it can be taken off when the treat bag is open --I prefer to attach the clothespins to my tags so they are not lost since they are small.)  "Boo" was also cut from the plate/die and I used a glue pen to put that on the tag. Tied black tulle at the top of the tag  with ribbon and a piece of sparkly 'hairy' yarn. A closer photo of the jar of bats:




 Quick and easy tag to make and more use out of the Perfectly Preserved stamp/die set --- think out of the box. . . .   TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love this cute tag too!!