Monday, July 29, 2013

Candy Corn Cone Treat Box


Made up a Candy Corn Cone Treat Box for Boo Day (Halloween). Used the Sizzix/SU Petal Cone Die for the treat box and scraps for the three colours of the candy corn. Easy to do but have some tips --

First since this is a free standing treat box I used black card stock from Stampin Up rather than the black card stock from Mikes. I wanted a heavier weight paper to use for the actual box since it will have treats inside of it. Cut two die pieces from the black card stock for your box. Set this aside.  For the yellow, orange, and white pieces I used scraps. I have found in the past when I piece card stocks together for stripes and such that it works better to attach them to each other before I emboss them -- see photo:


When attaching card stocks to each other just be sure you have the edges tightly together and then tape them. I used regular Scotch tape to hold these pieces together--as you can see it does not matter how they are taped together as the die will be cutting most of this off -- and it will be on the backside of your die cut piece.

Once you have your stripes together you need to put this piece on the die with the white at the point of the die and the yellow at the curved end -- when it cuts out you will have to trim off your scored lines the die makes but this is what it will look like before you cut off the curved bottom:


Cut off the curved bottom and here is the candy corn piece:


Using the Spider Webs embossing folder from the Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby I embossed the candy corn piece in the Cuttlebug. I prefer to emboss the stripes as one piece rather than to emboss three pieces and then try to line up my pattern and try to tape them together to be one piece. I put the two black pieces together and kept this flat so I could put the embossed candy corn piece on a flat surface. I put the candy corn onto the front of the treat box using the ATG. See photo:


Once the candy corn piece was on the box I then added black candy corn ribbon to the lower front using red sticky tape. Using my Halloween Cuttlebug plate I cut out a black spider from black flocked card stock:


To give my spider green eyes I punched out a small circle and used a glue dot to attach this to the back of the spider--the camera does not capture the green eyes but in person you can see them:



The spider is on the front with a pop dot. For the "Treat for Boo!" stamp I used the SU stamp set Mixed Medley and various punches to punch those out and they are on the front of the treat box using a large glue dot. Cute treat box for Halloween and it holds just enough candies for a treat --- TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love this candy corn treat box Candee! Too cute and yummy looking!!