Friday, August 30, 2013

Autumn Fence Card


This Autumn card is on a card stock base of Choc Chip from Stampin Up, brown dotted paper is from the paper pack "Mirabelle" from Hobby Lobby. Lighter brown card stock, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla card stocks are SU.

To make this card I cut and scored the Choc Chip card stock base. Then I cut the dotted card stock to the size I would need for the card front. I put that onto the card stock base using the ATG. For the stamped piece I used an Autumn stamp from Inkadinkado Stamps and I stamped that onto Very Vanilla card stock cut larger than what I would need using the SU Close to Cocoa Ink. Using Crayola colour pencils I coloured in the pumpkins only on the stamped image. Using the Spellbinders Square Dies I cut out the image using the Cuttlebug. (Put the square die over my stamped image and used painters tape to hold the die in place). Once cut, removed the painters tape and die, and using the Close to Cocoa Ink I lightly sponged ink over the stamped image and then sponged the edges of this piece. ( I inked the sponge and pressed it onto scrap paper first and then went over my stamped image).

I wanted the word "Autumn" to be at the bottom of the Deckled Pumpkin Pie piece but I  do not have a stamp that just says Autumn in the smaller print I needed. I used a stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs that says "Autumn Greetings" and I inked the "Autumn" only using the SU Close to Cocoa ink. Stamped this onto Pumpkin Pie card stock away from the edge of the paper and then I used painters tape and put the Deckled rectangle die over my stamped word.  Once my die was taped on the card stock I used scissors to cut away the card stock I did not need so this piece would fit in the Cuttlebug leaving room around the metal die.

Once this was cut out in the Cuttlebug I removed the painters tape and the die.  Using the ATG I put the stamped image square onto the Pumpkin Pie piece. Using trim from the stash I ran a piece of that across the bottom of the stamped image. Then I put these two pieces onto the lighter brown card stock using the ATG.

For my pumpkin in the lower left corner I used two stamps and an embossing folder for the designs for the pumpkin pieces. Using an oval punch I punched out three ovals to make the pumpkin**. I sponged the edges of the ovals using the SU Pumpkin Pie ink.  Using glue dots I put the pieces together. For the stem I used the Stampin Up Word Window punch and scrap kraft card stock and sponged the edges of that with SU Close to Cocoa. Cut it to the length I wanted and put it behind the pumpkin using a glue dot. For the leaf on the pumpkin I used the SU Bo Ho Blossoms punch and punched out the smaller flower, sponged the edges with SU Old Olive, and cut it to the size I wanted for my leaf. That is also on the pumpkin using a glue dot. I put pop dots behind this pumpkin piece for dimension.



** As for my oval punch -- Hobby Lobby ---- this is the only store I have been able to find both a 7/8" circle punch and a 7/8" oval punch to use for my card projects and these punches can be found in their jewelry making section at the store. They are not in the card making/scrapbooking section.  I have searched and searched for a 7/8" circle punch and finally was able to find it at Hob Lob. So when I found the circle punch I also picked up the oval punch and it makes a nice size pumpkin as you can see on my card. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous Candee, I love how you stamped your image and then only colored in the pumpkins!!