Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ghost on a Stick Treat Holder


To begin with I painted popsicle sticks from the craft store with black acrylic paint. Once the sticks were dried I then used a Sizzix Ghost die and cut out two ghosts from white glitter card stock. I cut one ghost out with the glittered side of the card stock on the die and then turned the glittered card stock over and cut out a second ghost. This way the ghosts are going in two directions. I wanted to put the ghosts on the painted popsicle stick using red sticky tape but once I did one of them I could see the stick through the glittered ghost so I took that off the stick. Using scrap white/GP card stock I cut out two ghosts and put those through the Xyron machine to put adhesive on them. Then put the glittered ghosts on the white/GP ghosts--again remember to turn one of the white/GP ghosts over when you put them in the Xyron so they will match your glittered ghosts.

Once I had the glittered/white GP stuck together I put them on the painted craft stick and you could not see through them. I set these aside. Using 12 x 12 sheets of card stock --- textured for the black and smooth for the purple --- I cut out two of the Bags with Scallop using the large die from Sizzix. Cut out two pieces of printed card stock for the 'bag' front and used the ATG to put them on the bags. Using circle punches I made a half circle at the top of the closed bag to be able to put the ghost/stick in the bag. Used a smaller circle punch and made two punches on the scallop part of the bag and through the back of the bag so I could tie them shut. Here are the backs so you can see the white on the back of the ghosts:



"happy Halloween" is stamped with orange ink from SU and that is a stamp from MFT Stamps. Used two oval punches from Hobby Lobby (in the jewelry section) for that. The "Trick or Treat" stamp on the purple bag is also MFT Stamps and I used the SU Word Window and Modern Label punches for those. Added crystals from my stash to both stamped pieces.




This bag die from Sizzix makes a nice bag and it is free standing. I put the bags together using red sticky tape and twine and raffia are from my stash. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

These little treat bags are adorable Candee!! I love the ghosts on the sticks! Hugs!