Monday, August 12, 2013

Quilted Card #1


This pattern is the Dresden Plate quilting pattern and this is the first of three quilted cards I have made. All the cards are made using card stock from the 6" x 6" paper pad from My Mind's Eye "Ooh La La". This card/layout and pattern I had seen made by Mary Fish on her blog   stampinpretty.com. She had seen this pattern made by someone else but I got the pattern from going to Mary's blog.

To begin with this card is on a card stock base of Bermuda Bay from SU. Cream papers are CTMH and the prints from the paper pad. I used the pattern Mary had used and printed that out. Used scissors to cut out all my pieces and once they were all cut out I had to put them together. I read the directions but I did not do as suggested. I found it was easier to make this card if I put all my Dresden pieces next to each other and I used small pieces of regular Scotch tape to hold the pieces together on the back side. Once they were how I wanted them and in the order I wanted I then used a small tape runner to put adhesive on the backside of these pieces. Put them on the card front in one piece since I had taped them together, near the corners. You will have to trim off the edges of your Dresden pieces once they are on the card front. Using a 1 3/4" circle punch I punched out two of the Bermuda Bay circles for the center of the Dresden pieces. You put these circles ON TOP of the top of your Dresden pieces. Once those circles were on the card front and edges trimmed I used the SU Square Lattice embossing folder and embossed this piece.

Once that was trimmed and embossed I put it onto another cream card stock piece and then used the ATG to put these pieces onto the card base front. Using a label punch from SU I punched out a label from the Bermuda Bay card stock. Using the Gina K Design stamp set Stenciled Silhouettes I stamped "hello" with the SU Bermuda Bay ink and then used a 1" circle punch and punched that out. Put that on the label piece and added clear crystals from the stash. This label piece is on the card front using pop dots.


As you can see the Dresden pattern does not line up across from each other but probably due to the fact I was working on a rectangle and not a true square. Thanks to Mary Fish for sharing her card and the pattern for this one.  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is beautiful Candee, just beautiful!!!