Sunday, September 8, 2013

B00 Bag Tags


Some of the tags I made for B00 Day treat bags --

Here is a photo of two of the tags and supplies I used:


The tag on the left is tan card stock from Close To My Heart and I used the Hobby Lobby Spider Webs embossing folder for the background on the tag. To begin with I cut the tag out using the Sizzix Tags #3 die. I used Stampin Up black ink on the inside of the embossing folder (ink the raised side only) put the tag inside the folder and closed it and used the brayer to run over the closed folder. This will transfer the inked design of the folder onto the tag. Once that was done I sponged the edges of the tag with the SU black ink. Here is a closer photo of this tag and details:





For "trick or treat" I used a stamp from Stampabilities at Hobby Lobby. Stamped that onto orange card stock from SU using SU black ink. Used the new die set from SU Chalk Talk and cut out the stamped piece. Added printed card stock behind that for decoration. Using the "gloop" (or slime or whatever) border punch from Martha Stewart for the black piece under the stamped piece. Used a bug punch from the dollar bin at the craft store and punched out a bug. Put that on the stamped label using a glue pen. Black crystals are from the stash. Tied ribbons and 'hairy' yarn at the tag top.

For the gray tag on the right again I used the Sizzix Tags #3 die to cut out the die. Used the inking technique of an embossing folder to put a background on my tag but for this tag I used the Darice Crackle embossing folder and again the black ink from SU. Sponged the edges of the gray tag with SU black ink. Printed papers are from Hobby Lobby. The skeleton is a stamp from the SU Bitty Boos stamp set. Used circle punches for him and he is on a punched label piece using the SU Designer Label punch. Pop dots are behind him. The pom pom trim is from Darice. Used the Halloween stamp from ArtDeclassified Stamps and SU black ink for the greeting. Cut this piece out using the Sizzix Banners #2 dies. Sponged the edges with SU black ink. Tied ribbons and yarn from the stash on the tag top.

Here are the other two tags:


Gray tag on the left is cut out using the Sizzix Tags #3 die. Again used the Spider Webs embossing folder from Hobby Lobby and inked the inside to transfer the design onto my tag using the brayer. Black netting is from my stash and used a small piece of printed card stock to go over the netting on the tag. The spider is from SU Bitty Boos stamp set. Used circle punches for that and a brad. Using the SU tag punch I punched out a black tag to put the spider piece on. Used a dollar bin bug punch for the bugs and put them on the tag front using a glue pen. Again tied on ribbons and yarn from my stash. Here is the gray tag along:


Here is the second tag in the photo:


This orange tag again is cut with the Sizzix Tags #3 die. For this I used orange card stock from Stampin Up and again inked the Darice Crackle embossing folder for the background. For the black fence I used the Sizzix Picket Fence die. Used the Sizzix Ghost die and cut the ghost out using Hobby Lobby white glittered card stock. For the "BOO" I used a stamp from the SU Bitty Boos stamp set. Cut that out using the EK Success Banner punch. Once that was punched out I trimmed a bit off the top and the bottom of the banner piece and then used this punch again and punched out a banner piece from black and white card stock from AC Moore. Trimmed it to the size I wanted to use for the tag and put crystals on that. It is on the tag using glue dots. Put the cut out ghost piece on the black fence so it looks like he has black eyes and a black mouth. He is on the fence using red sticky tape. Again added ribbons and yarn from the stash. Again the photos:



For the top of all my tags I used a small circle punch and punched that away from the edge of black card stock and then punched over that with a 1/4" circle punch. This gave me the ring to reinforce the hole at the tag tops. Put this ring on the tags using a glue pen.

If you do not make Boo Day (Halloween) cards you can make up these tags for gift bags of candies --- I have a stash of brown paper lunch bags from the dollar store. Put in some of the paper shred -- also from the dollar store -- in the bottom of the bag and put your candy treats in the bag. Fold over the bag top and put your tag on the top of the bag. You can use a small circle punch at the folded bag top and tie on your tags or use a small clothespin to hold your tag on the bag top. Simple and easy to do --- great project for the little ones --- do all the cutting and punch pieces and let the kiddies do the stamping and putting the tags together. Fun project for a school party for the kiddies and an easy project for you to give to your gal pals, office people, stamp clubbers, neighbors, etc.  Also these tags use up card stock scraps as well. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Your creations for Halloween are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

I don't know how I manage to get so far behind with my visiting but I do! I love these cute tags for the treat bags Candee, they are just fabulous!