Saturday, September 28, 2013

B00s X 2 Cards


Above photo is of the Stampin Up Circle Thinlits die set. Figured it all out and here are two cards made using this die set and figured out the 'trick' to this die set.

This first card you cut your card stock 5 1/2" x 6" and cut out the card shape. For this card I wanted a border around the decorated card stock so once I cut out the decorated card stock pieces I took them to the trimmer and trimmed them to the size I wanted. For this card I used white glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby and I used the Ghost die from Sizzix for my ghost. For the "BOO" on the inside I used a stamp from the Gina K Designs "Wicked" Halloween stamp set. Pop dots are behind the ghost for dimension. Here is the card:



Ran a piece of black and white Washi tape down the left front of the card for extra design. As you can see this card is the exact size of the die and with me using printed card stocks I can write my message/greeting on the back of the card.  Used various circle punches for the pieces behind the "BOO" greeting.

For this next card I figured out the trick to this whole card and I also used the banner die and the scalloped circle die piece that comes with this die set:


The above photo is the card standing up.

The above photo is the inside of the card. "I'm a little batty for you" is a stamp from Impression Obession. Bat punch is from Marth. (Martha Stewart)


The above photo shows the card folded flat.

The above photo shows this card from the back. For the inside of this card I have a black area that I am not sure if I will put a greeting in there in white or stamp a greeting on orange card stock and then put it in there but I wanted to show this card with the other one.

For this card you cut your card stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"-- and again remember to shave about 1/16" off of this so it fits into the die -- you do the "under over" method to cut this card out:


By putting this card stock in the die as above you will have a score line for the extended flap and that will fold to fit under the circle piece. Remember to use a bone folder on all scored lines so your lines are sharp and the card will look better.

Here is the trick to this whole thing -- the first card I cut my decorated card stock pieces smaller than I needed so you could see the black card stock base around them. For the second, longer card with the extra flap, I cut my decorated card stock the size of the card stock base so no border is needed. Now to the trick to getting this done in an easier and more exact way:

Once I cut the black card stock base I then choose three pieces of printed card stocks for my card.  Two of the prints I cut with the die -- once cut I used the trimmer to trim off the pieces from the die I did not need -- this gave me the exact shape of the circles on the card pieces. For the third piece that has no circle -- it is just a panel piece -- I just measured the size I would need and cut that for the panel on the back side of the card. If I were going to use a printed card stock for the blank panel on my card then I would have cut two of those pieces from two different card stocks.

By cutting your printed card stocks with the die it is soooo much easier than trying to figure it all out and your circles will match the card base perfectly. For the longer card I added pop dots behind the white banner piece and my bats are on the card using glue dots. Added black crystals on the banner piece. TFL and YOLO

No comments: