Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fall Packets


Saw these little packets made up by LisaBrownInk on Youtube so decided this would be a perfect size packet for the Curly Label Scarecrows which I call Curly Crows. Theses small scarecrows are made using the SU Curly Label punch for both his body and his hat. Here is how you make the packet:

First I cut my Mikes kraft card stock 4" x 6". Long side at the top of the score board you score this at 1 1/2" and again 4 1/4". Turn this one turn and score it at 1/2". Using scissors I cut away the two bottom sides and then angled the last tab. Using a bone folder I made all the scored lines sharp. See photo:


I made a sample in light green to make it easier to see the cut and the scored lines. Once I had my packet in kraft card stock cut, scored, and scissor cuts made I then sponged SU Sahara Sand over all the scored lines with the piece flat. This gives the packet a "worn" look which I think keeps with my Curly Crow guy.

Using red sticky tape I put a piece down the center back of the packet and also the small tab piece. Put the packet together and this is a view of the back:


Set this aside while I made the Curly Crow guy. Using the same kraft card stock from Mikes I punched out a Curly Label piece. Using a thin black marker I drew a mouth on this piece. Then put it in the SU Square Lattice embossing folder and embossed this -- be sure you have this straight in the folder so your embossed design will be straight on his face.

Once embossed I then punched out a Curly Label from double sided card stock. Using the SU Sahara ink I sponged the kraft and the printed labels on the edges. Scored the printed label 1/4" from the edge and folded that piece up as this is the 'brim' to the hat. Using brown paper shred from the dollar store I used red sticky tape on the backside of the brim of the hat piece and put some of the paper shred on the end edges of the brim. Trimmed these with scissors to the length I wanted them at. Now put this onto the kraft (face) label piece at a slight angle. For the nose I cut a triangle and sponged the edges of that. Used a Qtip from the dollar store and put pink chalk 'cheeks' by the mouth. Added small wiggle eyes and the face was done. To dress up the hat I used the SU Trio Flower punch and put a flower on that. Added a blue crystal to that. Here is a better photo of this little guy:


Once he was made I then cut out a scrap rust card stock using the Spellbinders Inverted Square dies. Used one of the smaller dies to fit the packet front and once it was cut out I used the ATG to put it on the packet.

For the greeting "Happy fall to all" I stamped that onto speckled white card stock and cut that out using the SU Banners die set. I made sure I off set my die piece so I would allow space on the banner for a crystal to match the crystal in the scarecrow's hat. Put the banner piece onto the packet front using glue dots. Put the Curly Crow guy on the packet front using a glue dot behind his face and a pop dot behind his hat piece.

These packets hold a Fun Size candy bar or the snack size M & Ms bags -- just fold one of the sides to the back of the candy the bag fits into this packet:


Cute favor packet for fall or Thanksgiving or Halloween or any holiday -- simple packet to make and if making multiples they will go together quickly.  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

These are cute Candee!!! I love that little packet and I love your little scarecrows on them!!