Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall Pumpkins Card


Card is on a card stock base of Stampin Up Choc Chip, with SU Pumpkin Pie and SU Very Vanilla for the card front. Cut and scored the brown card stock base. Set that aside.

Cut the size you need of the Pumpkin Pie card stock and also cut a piece of the Very Vanilla card stock a bit larger than you will need.  Using the Cuttlebug Pumpkin Harvest embossing folder I embossed the Very Vanilla card stock. Trimmed that to the size I needed for the card front. Using a sponge I sponged SU Pumpkin Pie ink over the pumpkins only on the embossed piece. Using the ATG I put this piece onto the Pumpkin Pie piece for the card front. I added pumpkin ribbon to the lower part of the embossed piece. Once that was done I put the Pumpkin Pie/Very Vanilla piece onto the brown card stock base.

With Autumn and Halloween upcoming I had taken three half sheets of the SU Pumpkin Pie card stock and on one of these pieces I stamped a dotted stamp from All Night Media using the SU Pumpkin Pie ink onto the card stock. Then I inked the Darice Crackle embossing folder and put the second piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock in that. Using a brayer I ran that over the closed inked folder and that transferred the crackle design to the card stock. Did this technique for the last piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and I used the Sizzix Paisley embossing folder for that piece. Now I had three pieces of stamped card stocks --- from these pieces I make all my pumpkins using different sizes of ovals. For the pumpkin on this card I used the large oval punch from Stampin Up and punched out an oval from each Pumpkin card stock piece.

Now that the ovals were punched out I sponged the edges of each oval using the SU Pumpkin Pie ink. Put my three ovals together using glue dots. For the stem I used the SU Modern Label punch and sponged the edges of that with brown ink. For the green leaf I used a small flower punch from Marvy and again sponged the edges of that using green ink. Here is a closer photo of the pumpkin and the different stamped layers:



For the greeting "happy fall" I used two stamps from the SU stamp set Everyday Flexible Phrases and stamped those onto scrap cream card stock. Used the SU jewelry tag punch to punch that out and tucked that tag under the front oval pumpkin piece. Put the pumpkin on the card front using pop dots. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Candee, I must get out my fall embossing folders and use them!