Monday, September 16, 2013

His/Hers Anniversary Card


Had seen this idea made up for weddings as well as anniversary cards and of course no directions. So I will tell you how I made my card --- and I used what I call the "quarter down method" for this card.

To begin with, I found it was easiest to cut all the card pieces before I even began to figure out the front of the card with the towels. This card is for a couple we know and she loves red so I used that for her and the black for him so it is not 'too girly'.

I used a black card stock base from SU. Cut and scored that and used the bone folder and set that aside. My "quarter down method" is how I made the front of this card but to be honest I did not use true quarter marks. Usually with a card front you will make your card base 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Then each piece thereafter would be a quarter inch smaller until you have all your layers done.

Once the black card stock base was done I then used white/GP card stock and cut that to size. Then used SU Real Red for the red piece and cut that to the size I wanted. For the second white/GP piece I cut that 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and then embossed that using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder to emboss it. Once that was done I cut it to the size I wanted for the card front. Now all the card front layers were cut to the size I wanted so I used the ATG and put the embossed piece onto the red card stock. Then put that onto the plain white card stock. Then put this all onto the black card stock base. Set this aside.

For my towel bar -- I just cut it to the size I wanted -- about 1/4" wide x 3" long. This is silver foil card stock from Hobby Lobby. Used a 1/4" circle punch for the circles at the ends of my towel bar -- punch two of those. Set the towel bar pieces aside. For the towels I embossed a piece of white/GP larger than what I would be using. From this embossed piece I cut two 'towels' 1 1/4" wide by 2 1/4" long. Scored this 1/4" from one end --- this will be the part of the towel that hangs over the towel bar.

To put the towels on the bar -- I creased my scored line on the towel top and then put red sticky tape across the towel piece by the scored line on the back.  For the red strip across the towels I again used the Real Red card stock from SU and cut the strip to the size I wanted -- my red strips are just shy of 1/4" wide. Put the strips on the lower towel fronts using red sticky tape. Trimmed them to fit the towels.  For the "His" and "Hers" I do not have stamps for those so I used the computer and printed this out onto white card stock. Used a small Marvy oval punch to punch these out and then put them onto the strips.

Once in place I then put red sticky tape on the back of the towel bar and put this on the card front. Using glue dots I put the silver circles on the ends of the towel bar. To keep the towels flat I put a glue dot behind each towel. Also for the greeting "Happy Anniversary" I printed that off the computer as well and used the SU Word Window punch for that and for the red label behind it I used the Modern Label punch. Added clear crystals from the stash to that and put that on the card front using pop dots.



There is a tip to all of this --- for the towels --- be sure your white card stock is in the Squared Lattice folder straight so the embossed design will be even on your towels.



 Also --- due to the layers on the card front I used the thinner white card stock from GP rather than the white card stock from SU to keep the front lighter in weight. Just do each piece one at a time and this card goes together quickly but it does look very detailed. Has to go in the mail in early October so hoping they like it. TFL and YOLO

~~~ Welcome to another blog follower for me --- thank you all. ~~~

2 comments:

Brenda said...

This is a cute card Candee! I made one similar to it, I just think the towels are too dang cute!!

Brenda in IN said...

Cute card for wedding or anniversary. Thanks for the detailed instructions you always give. Love the boo box from yesterday as well.