Friday, September 20, 2013

Hunny Bunny Box


Rainy day so I can't work outside . .  so what's a girl to do? Set up shop in the craft room---switching gears today from working on the Boo Day (Halloween) and Fall projects to something totally different.

How many times do we crafters buy a product because we saw a project it was used for? Then we see a project we like and think maybe we can still make one but use what we already have on hand?  Which works until we see a few more projects made with that same product so we just break down and buy it.

And so I did . . .  Just got my Stampin Up Ovals Collections Framelits Dies and this little gal is the first project I wanted to make with this new die set:


This is a bunny I have seen here and there and so I made one for myself. Either too late for Easter or way early but she is the first thing I wanted to make with my new die set.

Supplies:

SU Crumb Cake card stock
White/GP card stock
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Doodlebug floral and dotted card stocks (ears and feet)
Black scraps (eyes)
Twine
SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (Happy Easter)
SU Bitty Banner Dies
SU Petite Purse Die
SU Owl Punch (for the heart by the greeting)
Marvy heart punch (for the nose)
SU Bo Ho Blossoms punch (for the tail)
1" oval punch (from Hobby Lobby in the jewelry making section)
SU large oval punch (1 3/4" x 7/8")
Small circle punch (eyes)
Glue dots
Glue pen
Pop dot
Inks/sponges

To begin with you will use the small oval die in the Oval Framelits set. Then you will use the 4th smallest die for the body. Cut out one of the 4th smallest die piece for the body from SU Crumb Cake card stock and 4 of the smaller oval die pieces from the same card stock. The four smallest oval pieces will be the two ears, the hands, and the feet. Once all the ovals are punched out cut two of the smaller ovals in half for the hands and feet. Using SU Crumb Cake ink sponge the edges of the oval body, the two ears, the two hands, and the two feet. Set these aside.

I used the SU Large Oval punch and punched out two floral ovals for the ears and one oval for the feet from card stock in a 6 x 6 pack by Doodlebug. Cut the oval for the feet in half. Using the ATG I put the floral pieces on the ears and the pink dotted pieces on the feet. For the hands I used a larger piece of white/GP than I would need and put it in the Swiss Dots embossing folder to emboss that. Once it was embossed I punched out an oval using the SU Large Oval punch. Cut it in half for the two hands. Put them on the hand ovals. Set these all aside.

For the pink 'egg' I used the 1" oval punch from Hobby Lobby and punched out a pink oval from the scrap box. Sponged the edges of that. Using white/GP I stamped my "Happy Easter" greeting from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set using pink ink from SU.  Cut this greeting piece out using the SU Banners die set. Using the SU Owl Punch I punched out a heart.  Put the banner piece across the egg and then put the small red heart by the banner. Set this aside.

Behind the bunny is a box filled with pink paper shred from the dollar store waiting for the candy treats. . . I made box using the SU Petite Purse die and the SU Crumb Cake card stock. Once the purse was die cut I used scissors to cut off the top flap to the purse and I did not attach the handle to the purse as I just wanted a box. Using a bone folder I made the scored lines sharp and I used red sticky tape to put the box together. Once this box was assembled I was ready to put the bunny/box together. The tip to this project is to work from the bottom up.

To begin with I took the bunny oval body to the trimmer and trimmed off the curve at the bottom of the oval. I put the oval on the front of my box using red sticky tape. Once that was done I put the two feet on the lower front with the feet beyond the sides of my oval:


I put the feet on the oval piece using glue dots. I then put the white/hands pieces above the feet and again used glue dots to put those on the oval --- from the backside you can see the hand pieces showed so I used scissors and trimmed off the pieces you can see from the back:


Once the hands were on I punched out a heart nose from the dotted paper I had used for the feet. Put a glue dot behind the heart and then put three pieces on twine on that. Trimmed them to size and put these on the bunny face using a large glue dot. Used a small circle punch and punched out two black circles for the eyes. Put the eyes on the bunny face using a glue pen. Here is a better photo of this:


Once the face was done I added the two ears using glue dots, overlapping them. Once they were on I put a large pop dot behind the pink egg/banner piece and put that on the bunny front.

No bunny is a true bunny without a fluffy tail -- I used the SU Bo Ho Blossoms punch and punched out a flower from the extra embossed white/GP. Sponged the edges of this with the SU Crumb Cake ink. Put this on the back of the box using a large glue dot. Using a glue dot I put a white pom pom in the center of the flower on the back of my box for her tail  Here is the back showing the box and tail:


Cute project for Easter season and another free standing treat holder. You could even put the person's name on this piece where the greeting banner is for table place markings at a holiday table or buffet. Holds a few treats without being overwhelming since Easter baskets are always plentiful. Cute project and another idea for a cute bunny. Here she is again and TFL and YOLO:


2 comments:

MaryH said...

Hi Candee, Been MIA - just Life business! Loved your Hunny Bunny. Getting ready to look down the blog and enjoy your craftiness. Hope all is well up in NC & Hey to Walt. You been to Betty's lately? Hugs

Brenda said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Candee, you do the cutest projects!