Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pink Birthday Card


Catching up on my posting card photos -- Nascar is on so DH is busy -- WOO HOO  ♥ Nascar   :0)

This is a birthday card on a pink card stock base from SU, lighter pink is theirs and the white is GP. Used three pink printed Washi tapes for the lower front of the card. To make this card I cut and scored the pink card stock base. Cut the lighter pink card stock to the size I wanted. Set these aside.

To be sure my Washi tape was straight/even on the card front I used a ruler and drew a light pencil line so I could line up my top floral tape against that line. Then I put the other two pieces of tape against the first tape being sure the tape edges were tight next to each other. Once that was done I used scissors to trim off any extra tape on the edges of the white piece. Using a stamp from Hampton Art I stamped Happy Birthday . . using the Regal Rose ink from SU. Once that was stamped I put the white/GP piece on the lighter pink piece using the ATG. Then I put these on the front of the card base.

 Added pink crystals for the bling.  Another cute way to use the Washi tape and this card is for a young lady and you can't get much more girly than pinks. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Love this card Candee! I love it because it is simple and has clean lines!! The washi tape is beautiful!! Where do you find your washi tape??

Candee said...

Hi Brenda--this particular Washi tape was a free gift one month with my British card magazine I subscribe to. They are a fav of mine so I try to use them sparingly to get them to last--wink, wink. Thanks for all the nice comments!! :0) Candee P

Karen H said...

Your ideas are always GREAT! SOOO cute and easy to follow directions.

Thanks,Karen