Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Feel Better Card


A get well card for a guy --- made a band aid for the front of the card -- had seen this done before with no instructions so I had to make it up myself --

For the card base I used Choc Chip card stock. Cut and scored that and set it aside. Then cut a piece of Very Vanilla for the card front. The brown diamonds printed card stock is from Hot Off the Press. For the band aid I used scrap light brown card stock and cut a piece 3 1/2" x 1".  Once cut out I put this piece in the Squared Lattice embossing folder and embossed that using the Cuttlebug. For the square in the center I used a 1" square punch for that and embossed that using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Used a CTMH corner rounder punch for the band aid ends. Sponged the edges of each embossed piece and then put them together. Put that on the card front using double sided tape.

For the "feel better" banner I used an old stamp from StampCraft and I used markers for the stamp as I only wanted to use the words on that stamp. Stamped it onto scrap Very Vanilla card stock and cut that out using the banner die from the Circle Thinlits set. That banner die is larger so you can use bigger stamps with it. Once it was cut out I sponged the edges of the banner. Used a brown button from the button jar and twine and the card front was done.

Easy card to make and not frilly. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candee, Luv how you think outside the box. Just caught up on your emails from 9/20 to date-so much creativity- thanx for sharing.
Cooperstown, NY was terrif- all day at Farm Museum-1845 era. Made rope and milked a cow--Gramps never offered to let me milk his cow. Visited DRS Designs in Bethel,CT. Hubby found lots of sentiments for cards.
Hugs and smiles, Reva

Brenda in IN said...

Cute card. Men cards are hard to make and this really fills the bill.