Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Card


For this card I cut and scored a piece of light brown card stock and set it aside. Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock for the card front and set that aside.

Using brown card stock from Core'dinations I cut a piece larger than the embossing folder I was going to use. Then using the Fall Leaf Background embossing folder from Darice I embossed this brown piece with this folder in the Cuttlebug. Once that was embossing I used a sanding block and sanded the front of the embossed piece. When that was sanded I used a make up brush on the front of the embossed/sanded piece to remove any sanded residue. Cut this brown piece to the size I would need for my card front and using the ATG I put the brown embossed piece on the Pumpkin Pie card stock piece. Then put these onto the card base and set them aside.

For the pumpkin I used the large oval punch from Stampin Up and punched three ovals from Pumpkin Pie card stock. Inked two embossing folders on the raised side and put my ovals in the embossing folders. Closed the folders and used the brayer on the closed folder back and forth to transfer the inked design to my ovals. Used a dotted folder on one oval and a paisley folder for one of the ovals. The third oval I left plain with no design --- did sponge the edges of all the ovals with the Pumpkin Pie ink. Using glue dots I put the ovals together in a pumpkin shape:




The swirl/vine piece is Old Olive card stock and used the Sizzix Flourish #9 die to cut that out. Used a small Marvy leaf punch for my two leaves. Sponged the Old Olive ink on these pieces. Put them on the pumpkin using a glue pen. For the stem to the pumpkin I used the Modern Label punch on kraft card stock from Mikes. Sponged the edges of that using the Close to Cocoa ink and cut it in half lengthwise for the stem and put that on the pumpkin using a glue dot. Put the pumpkin on the card front using pop dots.

For the greeting "Happy Thanksgiving" I used a stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped that onto cream scraps to show how this looks:


Did not want my greeting piece to be this long so I used a brown marker and the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and stamped my greeting onto the cream scraps. Used the Modern Label punch for the Pumpkin Pie label and then used the Word Window punch for the greeting and added brown crystals to that. That label piece is tucked behind the pumpkin using glue dots:


Love the details on this embossing folder from Darice.  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love this card Candee! That embossing folder is just beautiful! I love how you inked up your embossing folders to make a design on your ovals that became your pumpkin, such a clever idea my friend.