Monday, October 7, 2013

Trick or Treat Band Card


Here is a BOO Day (Halloween) card I made using a band to keep it closed. Card stock base is black card stock, the dotted card stock is from Mikes, and the candy printed card stock is from Doodlebug. Will show how to make this card using an orange card stock so you can see scored/cut lines easier as they do not show well on the black.

To begin with remember these photos show what I did but of course for the card I made this piece would be black. Using a 12" x 12" piece of card stock I cut this to 4 1/4" x 12". With the long side of the card stock at the top of the score board score this at 4" and again at 8":


Take this scored piece to the trimmer and turn it over and line up your score line at the top and to the bottom corner of your piece. This would be the right side of the scored piece -- on the trimmer it will look like this:


Trim this piece from the top of the scored line to the very edge corner and once trimmed your piece will look like this:


Now this is where you have to shave approx 1/16" off the other side you have not trimmed -- you need to shave off a bit of this so that when you fold your card into the shape it will fold easily and be neat. Once you do that you can decorate your card.

I used dotted card stock from Mikes for the angled front and the Doodlebug print on the square flap. Inside my card I used a stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps and used the Spellbinders Deckled Square die set to cut it out:


I put this on a piece of the dotted card stock from Mikes and on the inside of the full flap again I used the candy printed card stock from Doodlebug:


For my band I used a 1" x 9" piece of black card stock and scored this at 3" and 7 1/16" and put it around my closed card and used glue dots to keep it closed. Using the scallop circle die from the Circle Thinlits die set I cut out a piece of scrap purple card stock. Then used a circle punch for the black circle and the printed circles. Put the scallop/circles piece on the front of the band using glue dots.

For "Trick or Treat" I used a stamp from Stampabilities/Hob Lobby and StazOn black ink. Cut it out and sponged the edges with black ink. Added orange crystals to the label piece and put that on the front of the scallop/circles piece using pop dots.



  Easy card to make and something different.  TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute Candee!! I love the fun, bright papers!!