Saturday, November 30, 2013

Merry Card


To begin with the camera did not capture the sparkle and shine on the tree. Very easy technique and it is called Glowing Lights and I had seen this on Splitcoast.

Card is on a card stock base of SU Glorious Green, red is from Mikes, and the holiday print is from American Crafts. Used the Noel program and my Slice machine to cut out "Merry" using red card stock from Mikes. Used a glue pen to put this on the holiday print. Using scrap green card stock I punched out a tree using a Fiskars punch. Following the instructions for this technique this is what I did:

Punched out my tree. Using a white gel pen I made random dots on my tree shape. Using Qtips from the dollar store I used various chalk to put chalk over my white dots**. This gives the illusion of Christmas tree lights on the tree. Then using a silver gel pen I put dots on my tree to add sparkle. Using a small star punch from the dollar bin @ Mikes I punched out a star for the top of the tree using gold foil card stock. The tree is on the card front using glue dots.

** The tutorial for this technique says you can use a spray to set your chalks but I did not as I do not find the chalk coming off the tree. I tried to take a better photo of the tree so here is that and again another photo of the card front:



Quick and easy technique and the trees would look good on tags as well. TFL and YOLO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree and I am going to have to try this.

Gorgeous!

Cathy

Brenda in IN said...

This is a cool technique. I've never seen that done but it sure looks like the lights are on. That's a cute card, thanks for showing us how to do it.