Friday, November 8, 2013

Snowflake Candy Wrapper Box


Another treat holder using the Sizzix/SU Candy Wrapper Box die . Used red card stock from Mikes and I used the Twinkle wheel stamp from SU --- all my wheel stamps have been unmounted and I find I use them more this way than when they were on the wheels.

When I decided to make this box I decided to use Real Red card stock from Stampin Up. I already had my white ink out and ready for use from ColorBox so after cutting out the die piece I inked the Twinkle stamp and stamped it onto the SU Real Red card stock --- was not long after that my stamped design turned from white to pink and the design was not as sharp as it should have been. Here is a photo of that:


Decided to use the red card stock from Mikes and the ColorBox ink did fine on that and no pink snowflakes as in person the above flakes are very pink. Once I stamped my die cut piece I stamped a stamp from the Mini Messages-Holidays stamp set from Taylored Expressions that I picked up at Archivers. I used the SU Real  Red ink for that. Punched that out with a tag punch from Marth (Martha Stewart)  and used one of her snowflake punches for the snowflake from white glittered card stock.



Simple treat holder and cute little box -- easy to put together also. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I have been seeing these made with the envie punch board Candee. I have a die but nice to know that you can make different sizes by hand! Cute box for some little candies!