Saturday, March 8, 2014

FIgured it out - - - Finally


For all the scrap card stocks I have I had to try a few ideas for sorting and storing them so that not only could I find them in the craft room but use them as well. Had used the file folder method but when I would take out the file folder the smaller pieces of card stock would fall out and that did not work well. . .

Then came across Tonya Gibbs' suggestion for her card stock scraps and I tried that and am happy to say this is the best system and I find I use my scraps more than before because I can find them now. Here is her system using an Iris container from Mikes --- I used a coupon so it was 50% off the regular price:

Card Stock Scraps Storage--Iris storage container with photo boxes inside. Idea is from Tonya Gibbs and I have more photos of the container and the sorted scraps on my blog --Thanks Tonya for sharing! My blog: cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com

This container comes with and holds all these smaller boxes that snap closed so nothing will fall out. LOVE this idea and thanks to Tonya for sharing it. (The container is opened in this photo to show the smaller boxes inside).

Last time AC Moore had their Darice boxes with lids on sale 2 for $10 I picked up a couple. Decided the system I had for my glittered card stock was NOT working out --- either could not find the colour I was looking for or the smaller sheets could not be found --- gathered it all up and sorted it by colour. All the smaller pieces for each colour I keep in a plastic bag (picked up a box of the plastic bags at the dollar store) and that is in front of the full sheets of that colour and they all fit in the box:


And here are photos of the colours and their plastic bags of smaller sheets/pieces for use on later projects:





All my glittered card stock are in this one box -- Stampin Up, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore and Mikes. I used the other box I had bought on sale for the flocked card stock and also my foil card stocks -- again full sheets with the bags of the smaller sheets/pieces in front of each colour. As you can see I have a lot of the white and the red glittered sheets already punched so hoping this new system will force me to use one sheet at a time rather than 2 or 3 or 5 or 6 or . . .

This system will not only help me to find these specialty sheets for a "punch here and a punch there" but now I will know if I am running low on a colour. I had these specialty sheets in vinyl envelopes from AC Moore but clearly, by looking at the bags of pieces, that system was not working. TFL and YOLO

5 comments:

Bebyles said...

Wow, this looks really organized ! Thank you for sharing your new container system.

Alice said...

Do you still have the Iris model number for this gem of a storage idea? What is the size of each small drawer -- it's hard to tell the scale from the close-up photo you posted. Thanks!

Candee said...

Hi Bebyles and Alice--thanks for the blog visit. Alice the only number that comes up is the SKU # and that is: 7 62016 43928 0 but all the places list it as Iris KP-XLPHO. Hobby Lobby sells this, as does Michaels and at their stores you can use your coupons to buy it. The dimensions on HobLob website are: the large plastic container is 15" in length, 12 1/16 wide, and 5 1/16 deep. The smaller inside containers--there are 16 of those--are 6 3/4" length, 4 3/4" width, and 1 1/4" depth. If you are not near a Mikes or Hobby Lobby check Amazon.com as I think they also sell it. Thanks for your visit! Candee P

MaryH said...

Very good ideas, Candee. But then you always come up with good ideas! TFS

Anonymous said...

Candee thank you for this info. I tried finding this case but no luck when I checked Michaels. Appreciate all your help. Hugs and smiles, Reva