Sunday, June 25, 2017

Stamping Road Trip


Yesterday DH drove me and my stamping PIC (Partner In Crime) to the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo show in Chantilly, Virginia. We left the house bright and early (really dark and humid) and arrived back home late in the dark.... but what a day!!

My PIC has only been to the stamp show here in Raleigh and we are lucky if we have 15 vendors that attend. Although we were happy to go to that because it is local it is hardly impressive. Earlier this year there was a larger stamp show in Columbia, SC and DH drove us there for that show. Much better and larger show than we get and we two stampers were happy to be able to attend that show... until....

I  am on the email list of the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo website and they sent a notice that they were having a stamp show in Chantilly, VA. I checked with DH and he said he would drive us to this show and back so I asked my PIC if she wanted to go? This show has approx 4 times the vendors that come to Raleigh, and many of these vendors are big names, and my PIC said she would like to go. Plan in place for transportation... with shopping plan to follow. Here are some photos of the venue, vendors, card samples and such we saw at yesterday in Chantilly:



There are only some of the photos from yesterday --- Stephanie Barnard was there with her Stamps of Life line of products, Close To My Heart was there, Queen and Company, Totally Tiffany, Purple Daisy Designs, Rubber Cottage, Tessler, Stamps by Judith and Heather, Eyelet Outlet, Our Daily Bread Designs, Heartfelt Creations, Itscheaperthantherapy, and the list goes on and on. Very nice show and my PIC was very happy we had attended this show -- at least now she knows what a good stamp show is like.

All of the vendors had a demo booth where they would showcase new products or how to's with project samples hanging every where for inspiration. Most of the vendors also had special sales going on at their booth throughout the show so great deals to be found for us shoppers!  A fun day for sure and we left two happy stampers!!   :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee, So happy you and PIC had a fun day. Stamp shows are WOW and you found companies that we didn't find at the Albuquerque show. Didn't make it to the show in March this year but hope to go next year. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and smiles, Reva

Sandy said...

Good fathers - if I got to go to one of these shows I would probably spend way to much $$. My eyes have always been too big for my stomach. I just discovered I have not spelled you name correctly!!! Okay - I have it now - CANDEE.
Sandy xx