Sunday, July 16, 2017

Lace Ribbon Border Card


Had seen a card made by Lee C. on her blog using the Stampin Up Lace Ribbon Border and it looked too easy not to make one. Here is the link to her card:

http://stampingleeyours.blogspot.com/2011/06/lace-ribbon-border-cardcheck-it-out.html

This card was easy to make once I figured out all the measurements. For my card base I used Lovely Lilac from Stampin Up. For the white parts of the card I used Whisper White card stock also from Stampin Up. Using the Stampin Up Lace Ribbon Border punch I punched out three strips approx 8" long. (I used left over Whisper White to punch the Lace Ribbon strips from and that piece measured 8"). Set the strips aside.

I cut and scored the Lovely Lilac card base with the scored line at the top of the card. Since I did not have measurements for my card I looked at the photo of Lee's card and counted out the full circles on the strips. Took the strips to the trimmer and trimmed my strips to leave four full circles as was on her card --- here is a photo of one of the ends of the strips trimmed:


With all the strips trimmed I measured the piece of Lovely Lilac card stock the strips are on and that is approx 4 3/4" long x 3 1/2" wide. Used TomBow glue to put the strips onto the purple card stock. With that done I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 5" long x 3 3/4" wide. Used the ATG and put the purple piece onto the Whisper White piece.

Using white satin ribbon I cut a piece to make my double loop bow for the card front. Once that was made I used glue dots behind the bow and put the ribbon onto the purple card front piece. Used double sided tape on the back of this to keep the ribbon in place. Trimmed the ends of the ribbon. Using the ATG I put this card front piece onto the purple card stock base.

Using pearl bling I put a white pearl in the center of the circles on the strips:


Now that I have the measurements for this card it will be an easy card to put together. Any greeting can be added to the card front or just put the greeting on the inside of the card. Thanks to Lee for sharing a simple but pretty card using card stock and a border punch! TFL

No comments: