Sunday, February 12, 2017

Cascading Hearts Valentine's Card


This card is on Lipstick Red card stock from Simon Says. Used the Cascading Hearts die set from Fun Stampers Journey for the card front. Here is a photo of that die:


Had seen a video by Deb Valder on Youtube making this card and the front of the card has the cascading hearts and behind that is a window sheet -- here is a photo of the card front with a piece of pink card stock behind it for the photo to show the window sheet:


And this photo might show that window sheet better --


To make this card I cut and scored and used the bone folder to sharpen the creased fold. Then opened the card base and put the hearts die on that and cut that out. For the window sheet piece I cut it a little larger than the card front and used the second die piece from that set -- the frame die -- to cut out the window sheet in the die cutting machine. Once that was cut out I used tiny pieces of red sticky tape on the inside of the think red frame around the cascading hearts. I put the window sheet behind the hearts card front and pressed it closed so the window sheet would stick to the red sticky tape.

For the white card stock on the inside I cut that about 1/8 smaller than the card stock base and then I stamped the solid heart using a stamp from Hero Arts. I used Stampin Up Pretty in Pink ink for that **. Then I used the Stampin Up Real Red ink and stamped "Happy Valentine's Day" over the pink heart using a dollar stamp from Mikes. Used the ATG and put the stamped white card stock in the card so the stamped greeting can be seen through the window sheet front.

** The Real Red ink pad I used from Stampin Up is the older linen ink pad. The Pretty in Pink Stampin Up ink pad is the new foam ink pad from Stampin Up. When I opened it to stamp my solid heart I noticed the ink pad is "sweaty". I do not understand why --- my ink pads are away from lights, windows, heat/air conditioning vents so I can not figure this out. Don't know if any other of the newer foam ink pads have also done this but I will have to check them. If I should have more in this condition I will contact Stampin Up and see if other stampers have had the same problem?  Grrrrr....

As for this card it was easy to put together -- I added two red foil hearts to the cascading hearts piece for some sparkle on the card front. TFL

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Candee. Hugs, Brenda