Sunday, March 26, 2017

Poppies Birthday Card



Card stock base is #110 black card stock from Mikes. Used watercolour card stock from Hobby Lobby. Poppy stamp is from Technique Junkies. Used Memento black ink to stamp flowers onto the watercolour card stock.

To begin with I cut the watercolour card a bit larger than the background Poppy stamp. Used the MISTI with creative corners and stamped the poppy stamp. Wanted the black on the flowers to really stand out so I inked the stamp again and stamped it a second time.

Once that was dry I used distressed inks and went from lighter to darker inks for the poppies. The center of the poppies I used the darker red/orange distressed inks. Did not want this darker ink to have an edge to it so once this piece was all inked I used a paint brush and dipped it in clean water and went over the stamped image. This softened the edges of one colour meeting the next:


Set it aside to dry. Once dried I trimmed this stamped piece to the size I would need for my card front. The above photo shows the blending of the inks.

For the greeting I used a stamp from a set of stamps on clearance at Hobby Lobby by My Sentiments Exactly. Stamped that onto scrap white card stock and used ColorBox black ink for that. For the black card stock behind the image I used the Stampin Up Finishing Touches framelit with the decorated scalloped edge and cut out a piece of black card stock using the Big Shot. Trimmed my greeting piece to the size I needed and then put the die cut black piece behind it using the ATG. Once my stamped card front was dry I used the ATG to put the greeting piece across that. Trimmed off the sides even with the stamped piece.

To assemble the card I cut my black #110 weight card stock base to the size I needed with the score fold on the side. Used a bone folder to crease that. Cut a piece of white/GP for the card front. With the stamped image and greeting piece complete I put them onto the white/GP piece using the ATG. Used the ATG and put these onto the black card stock base. Added black crystals to the greeting piece. TFL

No comments: