Sunday, November 18, 2018

Thanksgivng Treat Bags, Tootsie Pop Holders, and Turkey Toes . . .


Just finished putting together the last of the Thanksgiving Treat Bags. Here is a photo to show the kraft gift bags from Hobby Lobby that I decorated for Thanksgiving that I have shown in other posts:


Here is a better photo of each one:




For the bag fronts I used printed card stocks from the stash and kraft card stock from Mikes. The dotted strip across the bags is from Hobby Lobby - it is in a package of the strips used to make paper garlands with. I cut these pieces to the size I wanted for the bag fronts. For the watering can I used the T Holtz Sizzix Watering Can die and various craft paints over dryer vent tape for the finish on those. The clear plastic pumpkin in the lower right corner is also from Hobby Lobby. Added sequins to the bag front from the stash. Added die cut leaves and such to the front of the bags using glue dots.

Inside these treat bags are a few treat holders I made:


LOVE these pumpkin treat holders - I used the Fun Stampers Journey* stamp set Martha's Pumpkins with matching die set. Stamped with VersaMark ink and used white embossing powder by Recollections at Mikes. Cut out the box/insert piece and then die cut three of the plain pumpkins for the backs of the treat holder. Here is a photo to show the pieces before assembly:


I assembled the box/insert and put the pumpkin front and the pumpkin back on the box/insert piece:


and a photo of the plain back:


For the front of the holders I used a green marker on the stem piece of the pumpkin and I tied a small bow for each holder and put those on the fronts using hot glue:


Inside this holder is 4 Hershey Nugget candies -- three are standing up and there is one on top of those and they do not fall out. This next holder is for a Tootsie Pop:


I had stopped in at Big Lots and found a bag of the Tootsie Pops that had chocolate outside the inner chocolate so a win-win for a chocolate lover! I found this Pumpkin Lollipop Holder Die at My Creative Time:
https://shop.my-creative-time.com/Pumpkin-Lollipop-Holder-Die-MCT-D202.htm

Cute die and it can easily hold a larger lollipop than the Tootsie Pops. It is free standing and the die cuts beautifully - for my lollipop holders I used both double and single sided card stocks. Used the stem and leaf die from the die set and cut out a stem and leaves from scrap card stocks. Used various twines to tie the holders closed. "Happy Thanksgiving" is a stamp from Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes. I wanted to make a Tootsie Pop holder but did not want the "same old, same old" holder... Was happy I found this cute die set.

For this next bag of treats I used the Brachs autumn candies:


Harvest Corn.... (that IS a vegetable, isn't it?? ;0) haha)  I had some clear treat bags in my stash (from the candy aisle at the craft store) and my bags each hold 16 pieces of candy. Typed up a label on the printer and printed that on white card stock. Used a small turkey stamp from DeNami Designs and here is a photo of the Turkey Toes treat bags:


I used the more of the strips from Hobby Lobby to put behind my trimmed Turkey Toes label and put these at the top of the treat bags. Another photo of the Harvest Treat Holders I showed in an earlier post for these treat bags:


In the bags I put a small amount of the brown kraft shred from the dollar store and then put in the treat holders. Scattered small pieces of candy in the bag around the holders and topped the bags off with more of the paper shred. Tucked in leaf picks I bought at Hobby Lobby. With Thanksgiving now finished it is onto Christmas -- cards, projects, treat holders, tags, yada yada ..... But first I HAVE to locate the top of my work table!! haha    ;0)   * Fun Stampers Journey stamps/dies/products can now be bought on the Spellbinders website so you no longer need a "demonstrator" or "coach" to buy from. Their stamps stamp beautifully and of course Spellbinders make their dies so those are also nice. Here is the website for Spellbinders:

https://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/login.php

Also -- here are photos of more of the Thanksgiving cards I sent out:


For the above cards I used an old stamp set For All Things from Stampin Up for the card front. The "Grateful" is a stamp that reads "Grateful for You" but I just inked up the "Grateful" part of the stamped and stamped it onto scrap white card stock. The printed leaves card stock is from Hobby Lobby. Used square and scalloped square dies for the stamped greenery piece. Added sequins to the card front from my stash.

And more of the acorn cards I made using the Spellbinders October 2018 Small Die of the Month I belong to:


Glad to have everything done.... but now to begin again -- first everything has to be put away tho.... but what it is.....

No comments: