Sunday, February 20, 2022

Valentine Gift Bags

 These are the gift bags I made for Valentine's Day:









I used kraft gift bags from Hobby Lobby for the bags. For the patterned card stock for the bag fronts I used only prints that I had in my stash. For the tic tac board - I used 1/4" wide strips of glittered silver card stocks. For the "XO"s I used an alphabet die from the stash and die cut the letters out of silver poster board sheets from the Dollar Tree. The glittered red hearts were die cut using a die set from the stash and the card stock was in the stash:


Used a sheet of adhesive pearls from the Dollar Tree that I cut into strips to fit around the front printed card stock on the bag front. Put all the letters and hearts on the bag front using tear and tape. 

To hold the "Happy Valentine's Day" greeting strip (stamp from the stash) I used wooden clothespins from the Dollar Tree. I used a small paint brush and covered the front of the clothespin with ModPodge and then put a piece of washi tape on that and covered that with ModPodge:


Once the ModPodge dried I had DH drill a tiny hole on the top edge of the clothespin to hold my dangle. You need the hole near the edge of the clothespin so that the dangle will hang freely. If you center the hole the dangle will not hang correctly. Using chain and charms/beads from the stash I made a small dangle for each clothespin. I used different washi tape for the clothespins.  The red gingham bow is ribbon from Hobby Lobby and I tied that into a double bow using the Bow It All. Used hot glue to add the bow to the clothespin. Easy bags to put together and another good use of the alphabet die set in the stash and all the printed card stocks in the stash..... Inside the bags are various treat holders filled with chocolate treats for Valentine's Day. 

No comments: