This year most of my Valentine's Day projects and cards I used pink as the base. For the cards I made on Valentine's Day I used the Falling Hearts card front die from The Greetery:
For my card base I used a light pink card stock from my stash. For the card front I used a coral card stock. Here is the card:
Using the Falling Hearts die I wanted the card front to have an ombre look going from the reds at the top to the light pinks at the bottom. When I made the cards first I die cut the Falling Hearts die out of white card stock that was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I also cut another piece of white card stock this same size and this would be the piece I added the inks to. Using blending brushes I added red ink at the top, a coral ink to the center, and the light pink at the bottom. I added my inks diagonally so that the fronts of the cards do not have stripes of the different ink colours showing through the cut out hearts. Once the inked pieces were covered with inks I set those aside to dry.
Cut and scored all my light pink card stock bases with the scored line at the top. Cut all the card front coral card stock pieces to the size I would need. With all the white die cut card fronts done I trimmed those to the size I would need for the card front. Using liquid glue I added these die cut card fronts to the inked pieces. Once those were glued I used the trimmer and trimmed all my edges even to the die cut card front piece. Used liquid glue and added the coral card front to the light pink card base. Then again using liquid glue I put the inked/die cut card front pieces onto the card base. Set these aside to dry. Here is a photo of the card pieces I used before I had glued them altogether:
Dug through the stash for a "Love" die and I found one with a shadow piece. I die cut the shadow die out of vellum. Then die cut the "Love" die out of a coral/pink piece of glittered card stock. Used a small heart punch and punched out a heart from the same glittered card stock to put on the front of the card. I glued all the glittered "Love" die cuts to the vellum shadow pieces and set those aside to dry. Once dried I added the "Love" piece to the card front using liquid glue and I also added the small punched heart piece to the card front above the "e" in "Love".
For the inside of the card I again went to the Valentine's Day stamp stash and found two stamps to use. I decided to use this heart die as it was a scribbled image and using markers I could use the same three colours of ink to mimic the ombre look on the card front. I had bought this heart stamp from a used stamp sale long ago - someone named Suzy had written her name on the wooden base this stamp is on and the name of the stamp is Scribble Heart (B3032) by Uptown Rubber Stamps. I also used a Valentine's stamp from the dollar bin (that is how old this stamp is - haha) from Michaels. Here is a photo of the card and the inside greeting piece: