Sunday, December 18, 2016

Double Treat Holder


Had made treat holders before for the Ferrero Rocher candies. Here is a photo of holders I made for Valentine's Day and BOO Day (Halloween):





Yesterday, while out running errands, I stopped at Hobby Lobby. While waiting in line I saw this package of 3 Ferrero Rocher candies and decided to make one more holiday treat holder for the Ferrero Rocher candies. Here is a photo of the package of 3:


Wanted this Christmas treat holder to hold 2 of the candies. Here is the finished treat holder:


For my treat holder I used Stampin Up Crumb Cake card stock, the holiday print is from a paper pad of holiday prints from Hobby Lobby. The red/cream striped paper is from the stash. To begin with I used white/GP card stock to make up the pattern for this holder before I used my actual card stocks for the treat holder. This way I did not waste card stocks making the pattern.

For my holder I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 3 3/4" x 11". Put this on the scoreboard with the 11" edge at the top for my scoring:


Scored this at:  2, 2 3/4, 4 3/4, 5 1/2, 7 5/8.  Used the bone folder to crease all the scored lines. Once all the scored lines were made I folded the treat holder and made a pencil "x" on the two parts I would be putting printed card stock on -- the front panel and the larger back panel:


 Using a 1 3/8" circle punch I punched two red circles from scrap card stock. Used temporary adhesive to position those onto the holder for the holes that the candies sit in. Punched those circles out and that left me my two holes:



Cut a piece of printed card stock for the back of the holder and put that onto the Crumb Cake using the ATG. Using the Stampin Up Labels Collection die set for the back of the holder. I used the third largest die for my holder. Before I put the die onto the printed card stock I marked the center with a pencil so I would know that my die was straight and even:



The photo does not show it but I had a piece of painters tape holding the top of the die in place to keep it straight at the top before I cut it out. When I cut this in the Big Shot I only cut the top of the piece -- I did not roll the die all the way through the machine as I did not want to cut the back piece other than the shaped top. This is what the treat holder looked like with the patterned card stocks on the holder and after the die cut the back piece:



I cut a piece of the red/cream striped card stock for the front panel and put that onto the holder while it was flat using the ATG. Used scissors to trim off any excess paper on the sides of the holder. Used tear and tape to hold the holder together. Removed the paper strips off the tape and folded the treat holder into shape. Added a greeting from Stampin Up Petite Pairs and used the SU Classic Label punch to punch that out. Used a punch for the hole at the top of the back piece and punched out a ring to put over that hole. Put the ring over the hole using a glue pen. Added ribbons and then the candies:


This is a free standing treat holder and I will put it in a cellophane bag from the candy making supplies aisle at the craft store for packaging. TFL  (What happened to the third Ferrero Rocher from that package??? DH took care of that.. ;0)  haha)


2 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Candee! This treat holder is great...and thank you for sharing the instructions too! :)

Candee said...

Hi Marie -- Thanks for the nice comment on the Double Treat Holder. This holder holds the Ferrero Rocher and also the Cadbury Cream Eggs which I discovered at Halloween when Cadbury came out with their "Scream" eggs. Thanks for your blog visit and Happy Holidays! Candee P