Saturday, April 8, 2017

Cadbury Creme Egg Holders


Had recently seen a video by Gosia MacKinnon on YouTube for these cute Cadbury Creme Egg Holders:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8GGp-a4H4Q

In the past I have made holders for the Cadbury Creme Eggs:


The above holders I made for BOO Day (Halloween) holds both the Cadbury Creme Eggs and the Ferrero Rocher chocolates. With Easter coming two favorites are always in the Easter basket -- a chocolate bunny and a Cadbury Creme Egg.  I did not want to make the same holder as above but something smaller that could easily be tucked into an Easter basket. Here is a photo of two of the Cadbury Creme Egg Holders that I made after watching Gosia's video:


Seriously it took me longer to make the bow than it took to cut, score, punch, and fold the holder! To begin with I used a piece of double sided 12 x 12 card stocks for my holders. Cut a 2" wide strip from each sheet of card stock. Took this 2" x 12" strip to the trimmer and cut it at 7 1/4" long and this gave me two pieces -- the longer strip is for the holder and the shorter piece is for the bow:


The printed piece on the left measures 2" x 7 1/4". Took this to the score board with the 7 1/4" edge at the top of the score board. Scored this at 3 1/4", 3 5/8", and 4". As shown in the video I folded the scored lines. Once that was done I used the Stampin Up Scallop Tab punch and the Stampin Up Bow Builder punch to complete my holder:


Took the scored piece and inserted one end in the Scallop Tag Topper punch and punched that - then punched the opposite end. As instructed in the video I used the Stampin Up Large Oval punch to make the "window" on the holder. This oval punch measures 1 3/4" x 7/8". Set this aside after I punched it out:


The smaller pieces from the original 2" strip are used to make the bow:


Punched out the bow pieces from these strips:


With the bow pieces punched out I used micro mini glue dots to assemble the bows. Here is one of the holders with the bow ready for assembly:


Put the Cadbury Creme Egg inside the holder and closed the holder around that using two glue dots. Then attached the bow to the front of the holder using glue dots. Added a crystal and a pearl to the centers of my bows and the holders are complete. Here are photos of the side and the front of these treat holders::



Thanks to Gosia for sharing this too cute Cadbury Creme Egg Holder in her detailed video. These holders are free standing and not only will be cute inside an Easter basket but could be holiday table markers or holiday favors. This treat holder goes together quickly and very easy to assemble. Another treat holder "keeper" for the Cadbury Creme Eggs. TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

So cute! Really enjoy all the pictures showing how you construct these little cuties and also including the link! Hope you had a fun day at Bonnie's! Happy Sunday. TFS