Thursday, August 1, 2019

New arrival to the craft room


Happy to say my Bow It All - V.3  arrived and is now in the craft room.  Had seen lots of crafters using this tool on YouTube videos and blog postings so I decided to buy one for myself. Amazon sells these and with Prime shipping that is free and in a couple of days it arrives!

The first bow I wanted to make was a Double Looped Bow so using gingham ribbon from:

www.reasonableribbon.com 

They have a good variety of ribbons and such with good prices. With upcoming BOO Day (Halloween) projects already started in my craft room I thought the black and white gingham bows would be good additions. Here is a photo of the box:


Inside the box is the bow working board in a zippered bag and a all the tools needed to use the bow maker:


On the sides of the bow working board you can store all the ribbon pegs and the wrench to tighten your ribbon pegs. You can keep the ribbon spools, the plastic "helping hands", and the scissors in the zippered bag for storage. This tool comes with a how-to booklet as well as a thin supplement booklet so you can begin making bows right away.

The first bow I made is the Double Loop Bow and here is a photo of that:


Easy peasy!! This is going to be a good addition to my craft room since now I will be able to make a variety of bows but also a very small bow all the way up to a large bow. There are lots of videos on YouTube for the how-to's for this product for inspiration but I especially am happy I can also use up my one sided printed ribbons to make nice bows with both sides of the print showing on the bow. When you are making your bows you are also looking at the front of the bow the whole time so you can straighten your ribbons or loops out before you tie it off and remove it from the pegs.

You can also use this tool to make tassels and pom poms so lots to use it for.  Have to make a spot on my workbench table to keep it nearby as I am sure with the upcoming holidays my ribbons will be getting used up -- finally!! ;0)

No comments: