Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Bag Fronts - - -


This is one of the fronts of the Easter bags I made this year. I wanted to use items I already had in my stash so I looked through the paper gift bags I had on hand and decided to use a white gift bag. For the fronts of the bags I used different plaid card stocks from my stash so each bag was different as far as the plaid prints and colours went. I wanted to use the clipped crepe paper fringe to decorate the tops of the bags. To make these I decided on four colours of crepe paper I had in my stash from the dollar store:

I used a white, yellow, light pink, and light blue crepe paper. I measured the width of the bag front and I cut my crepe paper about an inch longer. I laid down my first piece and put hot glue on that and then added the second colour on top of that. Since it is hot glue and it sets quickly I put the glue across the crepe paper in sections so the second layer would stick. Here is a photo to show this better:

and

until I had all four colours stacked. I wanted this fringe to be thicker so I put two of the stacks on top of each other and then used the M Stewart fringe scissors to clip the edges on both sides of the hot glue lines:


Once both edges were clipped I used my hand to scrunch up the clipped crepe paper:


With all the fringe pieces made I cut the plaid card stocks to the size I wanted for the bag fronts and put the plaid card stocks on the bag front using liquid glue. Using hot glue I put the fringed crepe paper piece across the top of the bag and used scissors to cut the excess off the edges of the bags. 

For the Easter basket I used the basket die set from the KSCrafts Easter release die set and I cut the basket out of flat recycled card board. Added brown inks to that piece using a make up pouncer I bought from Amazon to use as pouncing tools for inks. I also cut this basket out of kraft card stock and put the two basket pieces together using liquid glue:


 Free hand I cut a piece of kraft card stock to put behind the open basket piece so it would look solid. Again using liquid glue I put the kraft card stock behind the basket.  For the eggs in the basket I used a larger oval punch and punched out eggs from scrap card stocks in the stash. Sponged the edges of the eggs using matching ink colours. I used tear and tape and put the green grass die cut piece at the top of the basket. Used glue to add my eggs to the basket. For the basket in the photo above I used the bow die in the basket set and cut out a bow using glittered card stock. The carrot/bunny bow on the left is also from KSCrafts. 

Used the Happy Easter die set from KSCrafts to cut out the greeting and I put those on the bag front using liquid glue. Each bag looks different with the different plaid card stock and the colours on the paper but other than the different plaids I made all the bags the same. Here is a photo of some of the bags showing the different plaid card stocks I used:




 Fun bag front to put together. 

No comments: