Sunday, August 28, 2016

Mini Halloween Treat Bag


A recent trip to Mikes and I came home with this black and striped kraft paper:


Regular price was $5.99 but on clearance I paid $1.49. Wanted to use it for a Halloween treat holder. To make the treat bag I used the Stampin Up Mini Treat Bag die. Cut the bag out in the Big Shot. Used red sticky tape to close the bag.

For the tag I cut a piece of Mikes kraft card stock 2" wide and used the Stampin Up Scallop Topper Tag punch on one end. Then used the trimmer to trim the other end so my tag is 3" long. Used a corner rounder punch on the trimmed end. Using a pencil and ruler I made a light pencil line across the tag to help keep the washi tapes straight. Used three washi tape patterns for the tag. Used scissors to trim the edges of the washi tape even with the sides of the tag:


Having die cut so many Halloween dies last week I was able to put this tag together quickly. Used a glue pen to put the "boo" on the tag. The Sizzix Sizzlit Ghost die was cut out of white glittered card stock and I put that onto the tag using glue dots. For the top of the tag I cut a piece of the orange mesh bag onions are in at the grocery store and put that through the hole at the top of the tag. Tied sparkly black yarn around that and trimmed the ends:


Put the tag onto the top of the treat bag using a small black clothespin from the stash. This treat bag is large enough to hold a couple of the Fun Size candy bars for Halloween. TFL and YOLO

No comments: