Sunday, October 2, 2016

BOO Candy Tin Treat Holder


Picked up a pack of two metal circle treat holders at the dollar store yesterday. Used the Steampunk BOO stamp from Inkadinkado for the top of the tin. Stamped it onto white/GP card stock with VersaMark ink and used black embossing powder to emboss it.  Once that was done I sponged the edge of this circle using black ink:


For the top of the tin I used the new-to-me Stampin Up Starburst dies and cut out black SU card stock using one of those dies. Used a circle punch for the purple circle behind the white stamped piece. After I had heat embossed the greeting I used the Stampin Up Circles die set to cut those out. Put these three circles together using the ATG.

Used Tear Tape to put the greeting circles onto the metal lid. Using the EK Success Bats punch I punched out three small bats from black glittered card stock. Put the bats onto the circles using TomBow glue. For the stars I used a star punch from the dollar bin at the craft store and scraps of glittered card stocks. Mini glue dots were used to add the stars to the lids. For the sides of the tin I used double sided red sticky tape and added the ribbon:


Inside each of these is black paper shred from the dollar store and I put in four of the dark chocolate candies from Dove chocolates:


Easy treat holder to put together and each tin cost 50 cents so a good deal for a Halloween treat holder. TFL

No comments: