Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hat assembly


More of the Witch Hat Clips following the tutorial on SCS from Janet Baker done by Kelly Acheson. Decided to make a white card stock pattern so I could cut out more hat pieces at one time and not waste the glittered black card stock:


Made this hat pattern following the directions on the tutorial and I used a heavier white card stock for this piece. Cut it out with the trimmer and then laid it on the backside of the glittered card stock alternating it to get more pieces from the glittered card stock and used a pencil to trace around the pattern piece:

:
Using the trimmer I cut out all my triangle hat pieces for stacking them in sets of two for the hats:


Used circle dies to cut out all my hat brims. Using glue dots I put the black clothespins from Mikes onto the triangle pieces and then folded over the hat brims for the hat. Used glue dots to attach the brim to the clothespins. Added bows to each hat that I had punched out using the Stampin Up Bow Builder punch. Added a bug to each bow center with a crystal and the hats are done:


Making all these witch hats at one time went quickly and an easy project for Halloween treat bags and such. Making a triangle pattern piece saved time and also glittered card stock as there was very little waste of that after cutting out all six hats. TFL

No comments: