Friday, September 30, 2016

Semi - BOO Made Treat Bag


Awhile back I did a lot of die cutting and punching out items for my Halloween tags/bags/and such. Put all these pieces into a clear clam shell box with a lid and as I have worked on Halloween items I have used shapes from this box.

Today I went to the dollar store for more black paper shred and I came across these Halloween paper treat bags -- decided to buy them as they can hold some of the smaller treat holders I have made. But could not leave well enough alone. . .

Recently read the Witch Hat Clip tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com by Janet Baker. She made a cute Witch Hat pattern that uses a clothespin to clip onto tags/bags/etc.. No punches are used for the witch hat -- just circle dies. Here is my bag with hat:


The paper treat bags are sold in a package of 25. Here is a photo of my treat bag open and standing upright:


Wanted to make the bottom of this paper bag more sturdy so cut a piece of scrap white card stock to fit inside the bag:


Put a handful of black paper shred in the bottom of the bag:


Now I can fill this bag with treats and some of my smaller treat holders I have made.

For my witch hat I have black clothespins that I have bought at Mikes so I wanted to use a black clothespin for my hat since it is black. I used the Circle die set from Stampin Up and here is a photo of those dies:


Starting with the smallest circle die as #1 I used die #2 and die #6 to cut out the black glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby for the hat brim. Then followed the tutorial directions to cut the points of the hat. As the tutorial suggests I put the hat together and on the clothespin using glue dots.

Since I had so many bows made for Halloween in the "parts box" that I had used the Stampin Up Bow Builder punch for, I just grabbed a bow and put that on the witch hat using glue dots. Punched out a glittered bug and put that on the bow on the hat with a micro mini glue dot. (If you look at the bow you see the orange spider web printed paper -- that is more of the shelf strips I picked up for free last Fall from Walgreens when they took down their Halloween displays and candy aisle).

Here are photos to show the black clothespin and the back of the hat from the back of the bag view:



Thanks to Janet Baker for sharing a very simple pattern for this witch hat -- very easy and quick to put together. TFL

No comments: