Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hold the Popcorn . . . Treat Holder


Used the Stampin Up Popcorn Thinlits die set to make these cute treat holders that hold one Fun Size Hershey Chocolate candy bar -- idea was seen on:

annastampincave.files.wordpress.com

Here is a photo of one style of the holders I made for Thanksgiving treats:


Used the SU Popcorn Thinlit die set and from one sheet of card stock I cut out four of the green holders:


If you were to make the Popcorn box as it was meant to be made you would need to cut two pieces for the front and the back of your box. Once my four green pieces were cut out I used her pattern and cut off the section she instructs you to using scissors. With all four pieces cut I now needed a pattern piece for the decorated card stocks for the front of my holders.

Using scrap white/GP card stock I cut out a Popcorn box:


Only needed the front panel piece so the box side and bottom were trimmed off. Since I need the front panel to be smaller than the box front I used a ruler and pencil and drew a 1/8" border around the panel piece as my pattern:


Took this to the trimmer and trimmed it all around on the pencil line. Then marked this piece with an "x" on the front and the back -- this will remind me that this is a pattern piece and not to toss it out by mistake. You could also put a "p" on it for pattern. Laid this piece on top of my cut green piece to be sure it is the correct size for my patterned card stock:


For my first holder I used a chevron printed card stock. The chevron does not have a directional pattern. I turned the chevron card stock over and on the back I put the pattern piece and traced around this with a pencil -- flipping the pattern piece as I went to save wasted patterned card stock:


Used scissors to cut out my chevron pieces. Using the ATG I put the patterned card stock onto the green bases. Then used red sticky tape to put the green treat holders together. For the front of these holders I used an scalloped oval punch and then an oval punch to cut out scrap card stocks. Put those together using the ATG.

The turkey on these holders is from The Stamps Of Life. Stamped onto cream card stock and cut him out with the matching die. "Happy Bird-Day" is also from that set and I used the Stampin Up Classic Label punch to cut that out. Glue dots hold these onto the treat holders:



This next holder:


These holders are kraft card stock from Mikes. Bought the Stampin Up pom pom trim at a recent stamper's sale. Pumpkin printed card stock is from Hobby Lobby. When I cut the printed card stock for the front of these holders I had to cut all my panels in one direction as this is a directional patterned card stock and I did not want my pumpkin print upside down -- here is the back of my printed card stock marked for my front panel pieces:


Again used scissors to cut these out and put them onto the kraft card stock using the ATG. Red sticky tape again was used to close the treat holders. For the front of this holder I used a scalloped circle punch and a circle punch for the pieces behind the pumpkin.

The pumpkin was made using a Fiskars punch and I added a small oval to the center of that to give the pumpkin dimension. All pumpkin pieces were sponged on the edges. The stem is from another Stamps Of Life pumpkin stamp and die set. The "THANKFUL" stamp is from Stamps Of Life and the actual stamp reads" THANKFUL for you" but I only inked the THANKFUL and stamped that onto scrap white card stock and cut it out using the SU Classic Label punch. I put the greeting under the pumpkin for my first holder but then for the other three I tucked it under the oval in the center of the pumpkin as I like that better:


These are economical treat holders since you can make four from one sheet of card stock. They also make good use of scrap card stocks. They went together quickly and thanks to Anna for sharing her pattern for another use of the Stampin Up Popcorn Thinlits die set:


As for the white pattern piece I put it in with the Popcorn Thinlits die set so the next time I use this die set I will already have the front pattern piece ready to go:


That pattern piece will save time in the future of measuring and cutting my patterned papers. TFL and YOLO

No comments: