Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Doesn't happen often . . . but . . .


It does not happen often that when new supplies arrive in the craft room I am opening them and using them right away . . . between time or choosing card stocks or such it does not work out that I am able to use my new "toys" right away .... until......

Had seen these cuter than cute Bunny Bags on the blog of Wanda Guess that she had made using the Mama Elephant Favor Bag - XL with the Favor Bag Accessory - Bunny dies sets. Here is a link to her blog and Bunny Bags:

http://www.ablogcalledwanda.com/.a/6a0120a7861a18970b01b7c8e509c6970b-800wi 

and her blog is: www.ablogcalledwanda.com

I follow her blog and had seen her Bunny Bags one morning before I left for work.  The link on her blog will send you to SimonSaysStamp.com for the bag and bunny face dies but I was not going to pay $57.00 for the bag die alone.... So I searched the web and found MamaElephant.com sells the dies -- $36.00 for the Favor Bag - XL die and $18.00 for the Favor Bag Accessory - Bunny.  For $54.00 you can buy both the bag and bunny face dies from them rather than pay $57.00 for the bag die and then another $21.00 for the bunny face dies from Simon.

It did not take long for me to receive my two die sets and the day they arrived by Mr. Mailman I was in the craft room. It has taken me a couple of days (working extra hours at work) but here are my Bunny Bags:


I made six of these bags -- one in kraft, yellow, pink, green, blue, and lavender. Here are other photos of the bags:



The Mama Elephant dies cut nicely -- no "hairs" or trimming or running through the die cutting machine a few times. Decided since I was making 6 bags that I would do this assembly line style. Since I would have to glue the eyes, nose, and ear lining pieces on the bunny face I would cut that all out first and glue the pieces on the face and set them aside to dry -- I did not add the circle pink cheek pieces until the bag was assembled with the bunny face on it.

With the bunny face pieces set aside to dry I cut out all the bags. This bag die uses one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock for each bag -- front and back pieces. Once all the bag pieces were cut I used a bone folder and creased my scored lines. Then I used the ATG and added the bunny face to the front piece of the bag -- while the bag was flat and unassembled:


With the face on the bag fronts I put the bags together. As Wanda did on her treat bags I did not put adhesive behind the bunny ears and I gently bent those with my hand to give the bag front some dimension. Using the bow die in the die set I cut out bows using Doodlebug printed card stock. For the center of the bows I used scrap card stock and the Triple Flower punch from Stampin Up and punched out flowers. I put a flower in the center of the bow and added a pink crystal from the stash. Then put these onto the bunny face under the left ear using a glue dot:


Now to the Happy Easter greeting.... I either have too large stamps that say "Happy Easter" or the small SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes....  So what to do??? Off to the computer with white/GP card stock and I put that in the printer. Then found a font I wanted to use and printed out "Happy Easter". Used the SU Classic Label punch to punch those out and put them on the top right corner of the bags using glue dots:


Another problem -- Wanda used shiny carrot stickers for her clothespin on her bags. I own none of those but.... I have two carrot dies that I combined for my carrots --- put the carrot tops on the carrots with a micro mini glue dot and then I spritzed them with Perfect Pearls Mist so my carrots have some shimmer and shine. The carrot top is from a carrot die set by Impression Obsession and the actual carrot is from a carrot die set by Taylored Expression. The Impression Obsession carrot die cuts a larger carrot and I wanted a smaller one for my clothespin but I really like the Impression Obsession carrot tops so I combined these two for my carrot:


Once I had ordered these dies for this Easter treat holder I checked around online and came across someone who had put a pom pom on the bag of her treat bag and so did I. I do not remember her name but it is too cute:



After I added pom pom tails to my bags I then added the circle pink bunny cheeks to the bunny face and I used pop dots for dimension. In the photo below you can see the bunny face on the yellow bag I had sponged the edges with gray ink. I did all the sponging before I put the bunny face together and on the bag front. That is the only bunny face I sponged the edges of:


I agree with Wanda -- the kraft card stock makes the bunny face "pop" but I am a traditional Easter colour crafter so I had to make some pastel Bunny Bags. With these finished I will now put in a little paper shred in each bag and some chocolate treats and then on top more paper shred. The die cuts the bag pieces with a gusset so once the treats are inside I will pinch it together and the carrot clothespin will hold it closed. A BIG THANK YOU to Wanda for sharing these Bunny Bags that still make me smile -- these dies cut so nicely and it did not take long to cut it all out and put them together. These are cute treat bags and would be cute for place markers at a holiday table. TFL

No comments: