Sunday, August 27, 2017

Give Thanks Wreath Card



Card stock base is Pumpkin Pie with cream card stock from Close To My Heart for the card front. Checked print is from the stash.

For this card I cut and scored the card stock base with the score line at the top. Cut the cream card stock to the size I needed for the card front. Added two strips of the checked print to each side of the cream card stock using the ATG. Set these aside.

For the wreath -- used a twig wreath die and cut out the wreath from Crumb Cake card stock. Put this onto the cream card front using a glue pen. For the leaf/sprig pieces I used distressed inks on white/GP card stock. Using the Stitched Leaf Wreath die from Simon Says Stamp I cut out the distressed piece of card stock and this gave me different shaped leaves - I kept cutting out this die to use up the distressed card stock:


The distressed inks give the leaves the autumn colours. With the leaves cut out I used the M Stewart sprig punch and punched out a few sprigs from the distressed ink card stock. Put the leaves together for my wreath using glue dots and added sprigs to these. Here is the cluster for the bottom of the wreath:


and the cluster for the top of the wreath with a twine bow added:


Used a die for the "give thanks" and I cut that out of scrap Pumpkin Pie card stock with Stick It sheet behind it. Once that was cut out I made it into "klipboard" -- cut the words out from a tear tab from a kleenex box. Put these card board words behind the Pumpkin Pie card stock words and this gives my die cut greeting some height:


The die easily cut the lightweight card board from the kleenex box in one pass through the Big Shot machine. Used the ATG and put the cream card stock front onto the Pumpkin Pie card stock base. Used a glue pen to put the "give thanks" in the center of the wreath. Used glue dots to add the leaf/sprig clusters to the wreath. Added a gold crystal to the center of the bow. Used micro mini glue dots for the sequins.

All the die cut leaves have different colours on them and different shading so they capture the autumn colours. Have plenty of leaves now for other autumn cards. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this, Candee! I'm definitely going to check out the die for those little leaves! Love how you've colored them BTW.