Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Haunted House Card


Used the Impression Obsession Halloween Hill die for this Halloween card:


Last Halloween I had made this Halloween card using a tip from Shelly Godby at Stampingsmiles.com:


Shelly Godby's tip was using the Stampin Up Detailed Floral die set to make her cloudy sky - as she did I cut out the die piece she used for her card. I cut my piece from #110 black card stock from Mikes:


At the bottom of this die cut piece I wrote the stamp set Floral Phrases and die set Detailed Floral so in the future I would know what products I used for this template piece. I keep it in a ziplock plastic bag on the bulletin board in the craft room rather than keep it with the die set or stamp set. As Shelly instructs I sponged my ink over the die cut template piece being sure to move the template piece all over my card stock so that I do not have a striped pattern for my sky.

On my card I wanted a lot of the black to show on the card front so I cut a piece of the black card stock larger than what I would need for the card front. I cut the IO Halloween Hill die from #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. Then I cut the die out of white/GP card stock. I used a glue pen and put the black die cut piece onto the white die cut piece off setting it to show a little of the white card stock. For the windows in the house I cut out scrap yellow card stock and put those pieces behind the windows using a glue pen.

Decided I wanted a second tree to use with my die cut piece so I used the Halloween Hill die and cut out scrap black and scrap white card stock over the tree on the die and cut those out. Used scissors to trim any excess pieces off. Again using a glue pen I put the black tree onto the white tree and off set that.  Set all the die cut pieces aside.

Cut and scored a card stock base of the black #110 weight card stock from Mikes with the scored line at the top of the card. Cut a piece of gray card stock a bit larger than I would need for my card. Using the die cut template for my clouds I used black ink to sponge over the template moving this from side to side as I sponged. Also turned over the template to sponge and was careful not to keep the template in the same location from row to row to avoid making striped clouds. Once that was done I used a 1 3/4" circle punch and punched out a piece of scrap yellow card stock for the moon. Sponged over it and the edges with SU Pumpkin Pie ink:


With all pieces done I put the Halloween Hill die cut pieces onto the sponged clouds card front using the ATG. With that in place I took this to the trimmer and trimmed this to the size I needed for the card stock base. Decided where I wanted the moon to be and put that on the card front using the ATG. For the extra die cut tree piece I tucked that behind the die cut piece on the front of the card and I put that in place using a glue pen. This photo shows that I did not use any adhesive behind the detailed die cut pieces as this gives the card dimension:

I used a glue pen and added the bats to the card front. Put the card front onto the card stock base using the ATG.  The "happy halloween!" greeting is from the SU stamp set Spooky Fun. I stamped that onto a scrap piece of golden yellow card stock using black ink. Trimmed it with the trimmer and used a banner punch for the tail. Added a black gem from the stash. Put this onto the card front using glue dots. Very easy card to put together with spooky results. Another thank you to Shelly Godby for her cloudy sky tip from last year!  TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love this Halloween night card! Fantastic details, Candee!