Saturday, May 5, 2018

Bitty Bag/Box


Had seen this mini bag on Pinterest and followed the link to Charmaine's blog with instructions:

https://www.papierwunder.com/2018/03/25/mini-goodie-verpackung-f%C3%BCr-kleinigkeiten/

Sizes were given in centimeters and this bag was too cute to not make up so off to Amazon for me and I ordered the Scor-Pal score board in centimeters. I already have a Scor-Pal score board in inches but in the past I have come across projects in centimeters and always said I should order a score board with centimeters but never had.... until I saw this mini bag and instructions -- here is my version of this cute bag and I used the Scor-Pal score board in centimeters to make mine:


To simplify making my bitty bag/box I used double sided card stock so I could have the top of the bag match my print since it is the backside of the floral print. Her blog gives all the directions and sizes and to show this I made a sample bag/box using white/GP card stock:


The above photo shows the white card stock cut and scored. This next photo shows all the scored lines and the trimming of the flaps:


I used red sticky tape to put my box together. Once assembled use your fingers and pinch the top  sides of the bag/box as shown:


For the bag/box topper piece I used a scrap print and cut that to 2 inches by 3 inches. Used the Stampin Up Scallop Tag Topper punch on one end of this piece of my bag/box topper:


With that one end punched I folded over this piece in half and used a bone folder on the folded line to give it a crisp fold - used red sticky tape to attach it to the back of the bag/box piece:


As done on Charmaine's blog I die cut a circle from scrap card stock and used a small circle punch for the hole at the top and bottom of this circle. I used Stampin Up twine to tie my bag/box closed. Used a small flower punch for the flower and punched that out of the same card stock as the bag/box is from so it all matches. The circle tag piece is held on the front with the twine -- I did not use glue dots or anything to attach it to the front of the bag/box. Here is a photo to show the side of this bag/box where it is pinched together at the top:


I also laid it onto a ruler to show it is about 3 inches high overall:


It is an easy bag/box to put together and would be cute for any occasion.  It is also free standing so would a good place marker at a table and such. Thanks to Charmaine for sharing her cute mini bag/box and instructions. Am so happy I bought the score board in centimeters as there are a lot of other items I want to make using centimeters!! And that score board certainly helped to put this bag/box together quickly! TFL


No comments: