Sunday, May 20, 2018

Don't Box Me In . . .


Stampin Up sells a box die set called Lots To Love Box Framelits.  I had seen many projects made online using this die set and decided to buy the die set. Stampin Up offers this die set with a matching stamp set for a "bundle" reduced price if you buy both the stamp set and the die set together. I did not think I would get much use from the stamp set as I have many heart stamps already so I decided to just buy the die set. The 'bundle' pricing is a good thing if you think you will use both products but how much money would I save if I did not use the stamp set that comes with this die? So bought just the die set and it arrived last week....

This is a photo of this 10 piece die set:


The first thing I made was the standard box this die set makes using patterned double sided card stock:


Here is a photo of the card stock 12 x 12 sheet I used for my box:


For this standard box I cut out two die pieces for the front and back of my box:


Using tear tape I put the box together. Stamped a greeting stamp onto scrap white card stock and used a circle punch to punch that out. Used a scalloped circle punch for the scalloped piece behind that. On both straight ends of the box I used a 3/4" circle punch and punched out a half circle to make it easier to open the box tabs. Using pink twine from Close To My Heart I tied a bow around the box and tied on the stamp tag I made to the box front. Very easy box to put together and this is a box that can hold a gift card or small gift or larger candy treats.

With all the ideas out there using this box die I next made these two holders that hold two of the Ghirardelli candies:


The purse is free standing so will make a cute favor or treat at a table place setting:


Both those holders are made using one of the box die cut pieces so you can make a lot of them using your card stocks. The aqua one is solid card stock with a printed piece put on the front and back of the box and the purse is made using double sided card stock and I cut out an oval from white/GP card stock using a scalloped oval die for the purse flap. I have made other purse treat holders in the past and they are always popular so a new purse that holds 2 Ghirardelli's will probably be the same....

Now for these two boxes -- these both use four of the box die cut pieces and the cream one uses the curved flaps on the die cut piece to close the box and the polka dot box with the orange curved flaps is taller and you can drop in your candy treats since this box does not close or have a top:


These two boxes use the same size die pieces but one I scored at 2 1/4" from the straight edge and the taller one I scored at 1" from the straight edge. For the cream box I cut printed card stock pieces to put on the box sides:


Some box die sets make one size box or variation only but this box die set will certainly get a lot of use in my craft room. Always looking for new treat holder ideas and this one die set was used for these 5 treat holders alone! Always a good thing when a die set can be used for more than the one item it was designed for.... TFL

No comments: