Saturday, July 28, 2018

Out with the old and in with the new . . .


Recently went to a local stamp show and bought a jar of Nuvo Mousse at the booth of Tessler Crafts. Wanted to see if I would like this product since I have seen so many people using it on cards and projects. . .  Tried out my single jar and really liked it and wanted more colours so "out with the old" in the craft room...

Weeded out supplies I no longer use in the craft room and some storage items. Sold those on Craigs List. Used that money to buy my Nuvo colours -- was happy to get them on sale for half price online with free shipping so a win-win for me. Have not used all the colours yet but am on my way! I wanted to keep them all together so I have them in an IRIS box with a lid. Using velcro circles from the dollar store I attached a circle sponge to the top of each jar so I will have a sponge ready when I use each colour. Also have a basket in the box for the plastic spatulas and the applicator handle for the sponges:


This is one of the cards I made using the Nuvo Mousse:


For this card I used green card stock for the card base scored at the top. Cut a piece of white/GP for the card front. For the distressed/embossed card front I again used a piece of white/GP. Cut that a bit larger than the size I wanted for the card front. Used various distressed inks to cover the card front piece. Using a Sizzix leaves embossing folder I embossed this piece.

Once embossed I trimmed it to the size I needed for the card front. Using the Mother of Pearl Nuvo Mousse I lightly sponged this over the embossed piece. Wanted more of the mousse on the raised leaves than on the background so did this lightly. With that done I used the ATG and attached this embossed piece to the white card stock piece. Set this aside.

Using a stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps "AUTUMN" I stamped it onto a strip of vellum using Pumpkin Pie ink. Used the heat tool to set the ink. Using a die from my stash I cut out "happy" using scrap card stock and backed with Stik It from Ken Oliver. Then cut out this die from the top flap from a kleenex box and attached it to the card stock "happy". Covered these with clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle. (Having the cardboard "happy" behind the card stock "happy" gives this piece dimension on the card front).

Using double sided tape I put the stamped greeting vellum strip across the card front and attached it to the back of the embossed card front piece. Used the ATG and attached this to the green card stock base. Used a glue pen to attach the "happy" piece onto the stamped vellum piece. Added green Nuvo drops randomly to the card front. Here is a photo to show the shimmer on the embossed card front piece showing the Nuvo Mousse sponged on it:


The mousse can be used alone or spritz water on it and then add it to your project and you can even put it into a spritzer with water, shake, and now you can spritz it onto your projects. The mousse has a nice texture and you do not have to use much so buying them at half price was quite the deal for a long lasting product. TFL

No comments: