Sunday, July 8, 2018

Quilted Floral Card


Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) sells their new releases with bundle pricing or you can just buy whichever of those dies you would like individually. This card was made using the new Quilted Background die from their new July release:


Here is a photo of the packaging to show this quilted die:


For my card I used #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. Cut and scored that at the top. Set it aside. For my quilted piece I cut out white/GP for the white frame and pieces for my card. The prints on my card are from a 6x6 paper pack on sale at Hobby Lobby:


I cut out the die from three of these prints. Once all the quilted pieces were cut I cut a piece of white/GP the same size as the quilted frame and used the ATG to cover that with adhesive. (That piece is the "base" to 'build' the quilt on). Then I put the white quilt frame piece on that. With that in place I began assembling all the cut quilt pieces into the white/GP frame. This is a photo showing all the pieces in the frame:


I used the ATG and put this quilted card front onto the black card stock base. Using a scalloped punch I punched out a black scalloped circle. Using a die from the stash I cut out a black circle frame from the black and white print in the card stock pack. For the flowers in the circle frame I used the floral print card stock I had used for my quilted frame. Used a circle die from Spellbinders and cut out the largest flower cluster on the floral card stock. Used TomBow glue to put the circle frame over the floral circle and then put these onto the black scalloped circle. Used pop dots to put this in the center of the quilted background card front.

For the "hello" I used a stamp from the Stampin Up "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set and stamped that using Memento black ink. That stamp reads "hello baby" but I just inked the "hello" and stamped it onto scrap white/GP card stock. Used the small tag punch from Stampin Up to punch that out. Tucked this tag under the floral circle on my card front. Put a pop dot behind this tag to give the greeting piece dimension.

The dies from Our Daily Bread Designs always cut well and you can see the detail of the quilted pieces in this photo - I used clear Wink of Stella over the flowers in the circle to add some sparkle and shine to the card front:


and a photo to show the greeting:


Added clear sequins to the card front for some sparkle as well - nice die to use for quilted cards and they will all look different depending on what prints and colours you use. TFL

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Candee! Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

This is so bright and cozy, Candee!