Monday, March 11, 2019

Bunny-Up Season


Closing in on Bunny-Up Season and I had seen these chunky wooden bunnies made out of 2x4's here and there and of course no how-to's... so I made my own and here they are:


Started with scrap pieces of 2x4's and using white craft paint I painted them:


Fronts, backs, tops, and bottoms.... took two coats to cover the wood. With that done I needed a heart nose but all of the chunky bunnies I had seen had wooden heart noses... did not have any so I used a heart die and cut out three hearts using #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Layered the three hearts together using Glossy Accents. The thicker card stock and the Glossy Accents in between give the hearts a stiffer finish. Used wire from the floral dept at the craft store and wrapped that around a pencil for the whiskers. The eyes and mouth are made using black craft paint. For the cheeks I used a dauber and pink craft paint.

For the burlap ears I did not have have wired burlap ribbon in a smaller size so I used unwired burlap ribbon and cut it to the size I wanted. Used pink craft paint for the pink on the ears. Put the ears onto the bunny block using hot glue. Added the wired whiskers using hot glue and also used that and foam dots to put the heart nose on the face:


For the bows I had bought the sparkly wired ribbon at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.  But wanted to have some stiffness to the bows so I used this stiffener from Aleene's:


I was afraid when I spritzed this onto the sparkly bows that the stiffener would leave a residue or maybe flake off but it did not. It holds the bow shape and you can see the sparkles in the ribbon:


 Have wanted to make the chunky bunnies for some time but just never did. Decided this is the year to make things I have not made before but have wanted to and to try new things and not just limit myself to cards......

Birthday weekend for me -- my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) went with me to IKEA on Saturday and we stopped at Daphne's store in Matthews, NC -- The Paper Muse... LOVE her store!!! Picked up many Easter/bunny dies for Bunny-Up Season!


LOVE all the brands Daphne carries in her store.... She has cards and projects on shelves and table tops and hanging on the walls for plenty of inspiration. Fun times at her store always -- if you are in the area of Charlotte be sure to shop her store - 1905 E. Rice Rd Matthews, NC -- well worth the drive! Picked up a few fun dies for Easter as well.....

And as usual... we left the house in the the dark early morning and arrived home in the "darker" at night -- but a fun day.... On Sunday my PIC and I went to a used stamping sale and here is a photo of the items I brought home:


Leaf punch $3, Stickles/Liquid Pearls $1 ea, SU stamp set $2, ribbon $2, trims, etc.. Don't think I paid more than $1 or $2 for anything except the punch. But was happy to find brand new card stock pads from Graphic 45 - $8 per pad and the sheets are double sided and 8x8. We love shopping used supplies!! Anything that helps to stretch our crafting dollars......

With it being my birthday my PIC surprised me with a gift bag of goodies:


A box die from Spellbinders, cork and wood sheets in a pkg from Spellbinders, orange twine, a bag of bling, circle die from Sunny Studio and a package of blue shimmer card stock -- IRL very pretty.... So happy me to receive her gifts!!! She is so generous!

Recently ordered the Sack Bunnies die set from Franticstamper.com and I was able to cut out a set of bunnies and I used the whiskers stamp from Jaded Blossoms:


Here is a photo of the Bunny Faces stamp set from Jaded Blossoms:


Bunny faces, whiskers, and other face stamps in this clear stamp set of 18 pieces! Always nice to have clear stamps you can see through for perfect stamping!

Working on other Bunny-Up Season projects and will post those when they are completed but wanted to share my chunky bunny family for Easter..... TFL




1 comment:

Brenda in IN said...

Your wooden bunnies are so cute and I love the little bunny faces too. Great shopping haul too. Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you, Candee.