Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mini Bowdabra Tool


Ordered the Mini Bowdabra Hair Bow Making Kit from Amazon for upcoming holiday projects. I do not own the original larger Bowdabra so I was happy to be able to buy a smaller version for smaller projects. The kit comes with the smaller Bowdabra plus the gold twine/wire as well as the measuring plate so you can be sure your loops/sides of your projects are even. Here is a photo of the new addition to the craft room:


This measuring plate slides over the top of the Bowdabra and one side is measurements in inches with the other side in centimeters.  You can use the Bowdabra with or without the measuring plate. First project I wanted to try is for my BOO Day treat bags. I wanted to use tulle in layers and I added pipe cleaners and a silver toned button for the centers of the two embellishments:


The orange and black one on the left has four tulle layers which you can see from the side of it:


For the back of these I used black painted clothespins from Mikes that will be used to attach these to the BOO bags:


Another shopping find -- recent trip to the Dollar Tree I found the foil poster board sheets that are sold in a package:


These sheets will come in handy for upcoming holidays with the colours in the package:


Not all the Dollar Trees in my area carry the same items so when I saw these packs at the store I bought a few so I will have plenty for holiday projects and such. Also while I was out I stopped at a Hobby Lobby store and certainly that was worth the trip .... because:



These are sealed paper pads from Prima that were in the Clearance Section -- regularly $11.99 per pad and I paid $2.99 per pad. Happy me I made the stop at Hobby Lobby for sure! 

Certainly have been busy in the craft room and I will post more items and photos of other items when I can get the photos done. TFL

No comments: