Saturday, November 28, 2020

Tootsie Pop Christmas Treat Holder

 Here is a photo of the Tootsie Pop Christmas Treat Holder I made to hold the Tootsie Pops:

To make the holder I used the multi tag punch I had in my stash that I had gotten at Hobby Lobby on sale:


I used a seasonal background stamp for the background but with the height I wanted my holder to be the stamp did not cover my whole strip - here is the cut strip I used and I stamped it straight:


I cut my strips from kraft card stock. I used red ink from IOStamps for the ink. Once the stamping was done then I used the tag punch for the holder piece but you can see the plain kraft card stock at both the top and bottom of the holder piece. To fix this for the next strips I angled them on the stamp - here is a photo to show how stamping at an angle covers my whole holder piece:


I had the stamp on the door of the MISTI and I covered that with the red ink. I laid the kraft card stock strip on the stamp at an angle:


With that in place I put a piece of white/GP card stock over the stamp and strip and I used a dry board eraser to go over the piece to transfer the inked image to the kraft card stock:


With that done I used the tag punch on both ends of the strips for the holder. I used a 1/4 circle punch on a piece of scrap kraft card stock and punched over that with a 1/2 circle punch and this gave me the circle ring to put over the hole on the tag piece to reinforce it. I used liquid glue to put these rings on the tag pieces:


For the Santa hat on the front of the holder I used two Cottage Cutz dies - the first for the hat:


Used scrap red and white card stocks for the hat. Wanted to add holly and berries to his hat so I used that part of this die:


With the hat die cut I sponged the edges of the red pieces of the hats with red ink. For the white pieces I sponged the edges with a light blue ink and used tear n tape to assemble the hats. Used glittered green card stock for the holly leaves and red foil card stock for the berries:


What had prompted me to make a Christmas Tootsie Pop Holder was this package of holiday pencil erasers from the Dollar Tree: 


I knew the stick on the Tootsie Pops was too small to hold these erasers but I figured I could use holiday straws and cut them down and the eraser would fit on that.... of course Dollar Tree did not have any holiday straws so since I was out and about I stopped in to Hobby Lobby to see if they had any.... found none but stopped in their party supply section and I found striped straws - I looked at the red straws and it was more of a coral shade and the green was a lime green and both of these would not work for the holders I was making.... decided to use a package of their clear plastic straws for this project.  Brought the straws home and cut them into thirds and they worked perfectly --- Here are the cut straws with the erasers on top:


Tree, reindeer, Santa, and a snowman - can't get more festive than that! Here is a photo of some of my holders with the eraser straws over the lollipop sticks:


and a group photo:


Had used a pom pom on the ends of the Tootsie Pop sticks for Halloween and wanted to used something different for Christmas - here is a photo showing the pom poms:


Glad I saw the erasers this last DT trip... while I was at Hobby Lobby buying straws I checked the Clearance Section and happy me that I found two Spellbinder Glimmer Hot Foil plates on clearance that I did not already have -- one is $5.99:


and this one was $1.49!


Wanted to make the Tootsie Pop Holders using the straws and erasers to see how they would turn out and I have lots more items I am working on but the craft room is a hot mess so that has to be addressed before I make anything else -- this could take all day --- haha....

For my treat holders - 

Cut kraft stock 6 3/4 x 2
Stamp
Using the multi tag punch punch both ends of the strip
Put this on scoreboard with long edge at top -- score it at 2 5/8 at one end - turn all the way around and score it again at 2 5/8 at other end. Use bone folder to crease the scored lines.
Used a 1/4 circle punch and then a 1/2 circle punch over it for the tag hole rings - glue them onto tags.
Used twine to close the holders.

Fun project to put together and the tag punch is nice because it makes different width tags and any length you would want to use. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are so clever, Candee, and these are adorable! Love that Santa hat with the sparkly holly!