Earlier this year I had a seen a die from AliExpress that was a cute scarecrow and altho I rarely order from them I ordered the die. Decided I wanted to use him for the front of my Thanksgiving bags for this year and I wanted to keep with a Fall theme rather than all the Thanksgiving icons - turkeys, pumpkins, pilgrims, etc....
Happy me when one trip to the Dollar Tree I found adhesive cork sheets in their craft section. I picked up a couple of packs and when I came home I die cut the word "FALL" out of the cork sheets for the front of the Thanksgiving bags I planned to make. I also had an older die from AliExpress that had sunflowers on it so I decided I would use that die for the bag fronts as well. On another trip to the Dollar Store I found dark rust gift bags so I bought those to use for this project. Each of the bag fronts features different card stocks and different ribbons for the bows but here is the first bag front finished:
To start I cut out the sunflower die in the upper right corner from gold mirrored (foil) card stock. I trimmed it to the size I wanted to use. I cut the piece of the card stock I needed for the bag front. Used liquid glue and put the sunflower die cut piece onto the corner. Set that aside to dry. I had assembled all my scarecrows in the summer so all I had to die cut was the tag piece he is on. I cut it out of a print and then a solid base. Put those two tag pieces together using the ATG. Sponged the edges of that.
Wanted to add a burlap ribbon across the tag so used liquid glue to put that on the tag - the glue dries clear so that would not show through the ribbon. Once dried I put the scarecrow on the lower part of the tag using tear n tape. Used my Bow It All and tied a double loop bow for the top of the tag. Put that onto the tag over the hole the tag die cuts on the tag. Set this aside.
Cut a piece of the printed card stock that matched the tag for a strip for the lower part of the bag front. Put that on the card stock front panel piece using the ATG. Put the card stock front panel piece onto the bag front using the ATG. Then decided to put the "FALL" letters in place.... and the nightmare began....
Could not get the backing off the letters to put them onto the bag front piece. -- either the backing would not come off or the cork would rip or only parts of the backing paper would come off.... trial and error.... about 6 "L"s later I was able to get four letters for the front of the bag. Once I was able to get the paper backing off the letters I used tear n tape to put them onto the bag front. With those in place I added two sunflowers I bought at Hobby Lobby in a package. Added the tag piece to the bag front and added gold sequins to the bag front using Glossy Accents. Between the bag fronts and my Thanksgiving cards this year I am leaning more towards a fall theme than a Thanksgiving theme in that I am using sunflowers on both projects.
Not happy with the adhesive cork letters and will have to re think this before I try to finish the other bag fronts -- they are all waiting the "FALL" letters and then they will be finished.... great ideas... until they aren't.... haha