Thursday, December 24, 2020

Ali Express Dies

Putting the Christmas stamps/dies away and thought I would share what I do with the Ali Express dies. I do not often order from Ali Express but when I do place an order I always print out their photo of what the die will look like when die cut. For this sample here is a Santa Clause Head die set:

Ali Express dies do not have a photo packaging that comes with the die set as all the dies are in clear plastic bags. Problem being with shipping times - could be up to 3 weeks - I may not remember exactly how the die goes together. With a printed picture of the die I can keep that with the die set and it makes for easy assembly. This picture also helps while I am waiting for the die to arrive to remind me what die I have ordered from them. 

This Christmas I gifted one of the Santa Clause Head die sets to my PIC (stamping Partner in Crime) and I did not want to just toss the die in the gift bag so I used kraft card stock and made a mini policy envelope to put the die inside. On the outside I die cut the Santa die and put that on the front of the envelope. Inside with the die is a copy of the photo so she can keep it with the die if she wants when she stores it:

Just added some holiday washi tape to the bottom of the envelope to dress it up a bit.  Here is a second Ali Express die set I gave her for a Poinsettia:

For this policy envelope I used double sided card stock. For the Poinsettia I die cut that using red foil card stock and gold glittered card stock for the center flower part. This way she will see what this die set looks like assembled. 

The Santa die is nice because when you die cut the head/face base piece it embosses where the eyebrows, eyes, mustache, and cheek pieces go so it is easy to assemble. It is much like the Scarecrow die I had bought and used on Fall projects:

Putting face pieces on a die can be challenging but with these dies embossing as they die cut it helps for even placement for all the pieces. . .    TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love this Santa! A great idea so you'll remember exactly what you want to do with these dies! Your PIC will love her gifts!