Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Long time, no see . . .

Well.... finally found the top of the work table which I believe the last time I was able to see that was well before BOO Day . . . .  Not sure how long this will last but . . .

Earlier this month I turned my work table around in the craft room so it is in the center of the room and it now faces the door rather than the far wall. This is a much better arrangement and certainly one that makes one wonder why they did not do this long ago . . .  On the other wall across from the work table is the card stock shelf unit from years ago from a store that was remodeling - nothing much on that has changed since I loaded it up when it arrived to the craft room - - 

This unit also holds my acrylic blocks that I store in a divided silverware tray from IKEA:

Hard to photograph them with the glare from the lights but here they are. I still use the blocks and esp the larger blocks get used when I am putting die cuts together or gluing things. Glad I kept those after the MISTI joined the craft room. . . 

While cleaning off the work table and sorting stamps and dies and such I decided to work on the stamp shelf - this shelf holds my clear and cling stamp sets:

I was using the clear bins to store the stamp sets but of course for gags and giggles some of the stamp manufacturers decided to make very large stamp sets and they do not fit in the clear bins. I needed to keep storing to a minimum so I added two large plastic bins from HobLob and I have a few manufacturers in the same bin. One bin holds the Simon Says products and the Altenew products. The second bin is for Jaded Blossoms, Sunny Studio, MFT, and Honey Bee products. I put a tag on the front and used the label maker so I will remember which bin is holding what stamp sets. 

Also -- new additions to the craft room -- DSD decided she no longer was going to make planners and one day she brought over a full box of washi tapes and the clear plastic storage containers she had stored them in that she had bought from Mikes. I also store my washi in those containers so I gladly added her containers to mine and reorganized that -- I went through her washi box and took a few rolls but she has a lot of washi that I already had and she has a lot of washi that can be used for a planner or a scrapbook.... I sent a photo of the box to my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime) and she is going to look through the box for any washi she would want.  Here is my reorganized and new additional containers to my washi and twine storage:

These containers are nice because they can be stacked to store more. The two containers at the far left are empty for now but I am sure I will find something to go in them... brads, eyelets, something.... I decided since these containers have a drawer with three sections in it that these would work for my twine storage so I moved those over to the drawers and now I can see at a glance what colours or what type of twine/rope I have as some of the twine is much thicker than others:

In the container on the right I have washi in most of the drawers but at the bottom I have left that for storage for metallic threads and wire. More containers:

I have the washi by holiday or season so this will help me to use more washi than before. But I did use a lot of washi this past Christmas on holiday projects and tags and such so that was a good thing. (These containers are also not 100% full as I have space in the back of the drawers). Happy to have more containers for free to help organize more stuffs....  Out of sight is out of mind in this craft room so nice to be able to see what I have, SEE where it is, and USE it. . . 

Still working through the craft room but things are coming along. Hoping to finish this seemingly never ending organizing/reorganizing session soon and get back to crafting..... 


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Now you're all set to create. I don't know about your craft room, but mine doesn't stay neat very long. Happy New Year, my friend!