Sunday, December 5, 2021

Black Friday Sales and Projects

 Have lots to share -- shopped a few of the online stores Black Friday sales and have been able to finish a few new projects. First is the order from SimonSaysStamp:

I picked up a few die sets and a hot foil plate for Valentine's Day. This weekend I made up some of the Christmas tree tags using scrap card stocks:

To make the tags more sturdy I used solid card stocks for the tag backs. I can stamp "to and from" or just write on the back of the tags:

Also bought the Present Treat Wrap from Taylored Expressions:


I made "sides" for my treat holder to make it into a box. I used a piece of 2 1/4" x 1 15/16" and scored it on the two long sides and bottom at 1/2". This gave me the sides in the size I wanted to make this into a box - my holders hold 3 of the Ghiradelli candies:

Made another gift card holder:

Had seen Emma from My Creative Time on her video making her Star Pillow Box die treat holder and it was too cute not to buy -- she had put a window in the front of her box but I did not do that as I wanted to be able to use the front of the box to decorate it:


For my pillow boxes I used double sided card stocks from the stash as they are a heavier weight and it makes the box sturdy. This die cuts the heavier card stocks with no problem and this little box can hold a lot of chocolate treats. The "Merry Christmas" is a stamp from Trinity Stamps and their stamp set "A Sentiment for Almost Everything" set. I stamped it onto scraps and used a banner die from Pink & Main to cut those out. Used a Fiskars tree punch and green glittered card stock for the tree. Added a red crystal from the stash for the tree top. Here is a photo of the stamp set:

Busy weekend in the craft room but always a fun time... Working on a few more things for holiday treat holders and then the holiday projects will be done. Glad to have saved some monies at these holiday sales adding new products to the craft room..... More photos:









No comments: