Sunday, November 28, 2021

TopNote Snowman Gift Card Holder

 Needed a holder for a gift card for the holidays and I had remembered the TopNote Snowman Gift Card Holder I had made long ago so I just made another one. This gift card holder is very easy to put together and goes together quickly:

For the gift card holder I used both white and black #110 weight card stock from Mikes. I die cut out a white TopNote die piece. Cut out two of the black TopNote pieces. Here is one of the black pieces:


Took it to the trimmer and cut it in half:


Used TomBow glue to add one of the cut black pieces to the top of the white base for the hat for the snowman. Used the trimmer and trimmed a piece of striped card stock from the stash 1/2" wide for the hat band. Put this piece across the bottom of the black piece. Using circle punches I punched out 2 3/8" circles for the eyes, and for the mouth I used a 1/4" circle punch and punched out 5 circles. Put the eyes and mouth circles on the snowman face using glue dots. For the carrot I used scrap orange card stock and cut a nose out free hand using scissors. Lightly sponged the edges of the nose and put that onto the snowman face using TomBow glue. Used a dauber and added light pink cheeks to the face.

For the snowflake I used a Snowflake punch from EK Success and punched that out of white glittered card stock. Used red 'bling' from the Dollar Tree and added that to the center of the snowflake. Used large glue dots to put the snowflake onto the hat piece. 

For the back of the snowman I used the solid black TopNot piece I had die cut earlier. Using the Word Window punch I punched a slit to hold the gift card in:

I used tear and tape to put the slit back piece on the snowman TopNote being careful to keep the tear and tape near the edges to allow the gift card to be slid in and out of the holder. When all done I decided to use a light blue ink and sponged the edges of the snowman face:

Easy holder to put together and the #110 weight card stock makes this gift card holder very sturdy. Easy project to mass produce if you need a few gift card holders. 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What a cut gift card holder!